• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G Schedule Is Out; Huskers Open 5 Sept vs Rutgers

WOE IS US!!! Look at it this way, if we have and keep this tough schedule and we start to win, well, it will take care of itself. I want a hard schedule every possible year. I hate it when we play nobodies and then one or two tough teams as guys get complacent thinking they are better than they are. jmo.
JMO is right. Because it is certainly not based on odds facts or logic. For the record I am not crying about it. it is just foolish to think that this is not being done favor the long term B1G teams. I was ok with it the first few years as a welcome to the B1G. The fact that it has become a long term situation is ridiculous.

I think the planners felt that we could play Rutgers later in the season, since we both have late byes on the same week. I doubt they expect that early Rutgers game to be played. Maybe it will though.. It's a month away, and maybe many of their players can be eased back into the program in time. It is risky for our players though. Who knows what cultural or environmental issues caused the outbreak there and whether they will be eradicated during the coming month. The fact that a player will test negative three days before the game does not mean that same player is negative or non-contagious on the day of the game.

But I suspect we will have some spread within a few more teams over the course of the season. The money is a really big deal, however, so everyone will try to push on. We'll see how that works out.

Why teams are doing the 3d nasopharyngeal swab when they could be doing the 15 min Sofia nasal swab, is beyond me.

There is a limit to the number of swabs you can get per month. That's the only reason I can think of they would not use it.

JMO is right. Because it is certainly not based on odds facts or logic. For the record I am not crying about it. it is just foolish to think that this is not being done favor the long term B1G teams. I was ok with it the first few years as a welcome to the B1G. The fact that it has become a long term situation is ridiculous.
Hey what do you want, they started calling holding penalties on the other teams again.

You complain too much. And as to the bold, WAAAAA!!! We are a B1G team and if we can't hang with the B1G boys, perhaps we should just cry about it and join a lesser conference, like say the AAC. :O O:

You complain too much. And as to the bold, WAAAAA!!! We are a B1G team and if we can't hang with the B1G boys, perhaps we should just cry about it and join a lesser conference, like say the AAC. :O O:
I like the bravado of "bring on the best" to a point, and I might even share the viewpoint if we were talking about a vintage Devaney or Osborne team. Where this program is now though, we don't need any additional impediments thrown at us. Yes, we are in some ways our own worst enemy, as most of the problems have been self-inflicted.

It would be nice to catch a break sometime with scheduling, or at the very least be on a level playing field with the West teams we are chasing (currently WI, IA, and I suppose MN).

So if you want to say "bring on Ohio St. every year", then I respect your opinion. For my part, I have seen enough 62-3, 55-14, and 48-7 games with them recently to last me for a while. Give me Ohio St. and every other East division team exactly three times every seven years.

And our 1st game is at the biggest hotbed of the China virus in the B1G, Rutgers. Why does the Big Ten hate Nebraska so much?:mad:

New Jersey was a hotbed, but currently it’s reasonably low in terms of per capita numbers. Doesn’t mean NJ won’t play a part in making the game not happen.

I like the bravado of "bring on the best" to a point, and I might even share the viewpoint if we were talking about a vintage Devaney or Osborne team. Where this program is now though, we don't need any additional impediments thrown at us. Yes, we are in some ways our own worst enemy, as most of the problems have been self-inflicted.

It would be nice to catch a break sometime with scheduling, or at the very least be on a level playing field with the West teams we are chasing (currently WI, IA, and I suppose MN).

So if you want to say "bring on Ohio St. every year", then I respect your opinion. For my part, I have seen enough 62-3, 55-14, and 48-7 games with them recently to last me for a while. Give me Ohio St. and every other East division team exactly three times every seven years.
I like your reply and trust me, all of us have seen enough of the 62 - 3 and 55 - 14 games that we had the 3 and 14 to make us all disgusted. I want two things with this, I want to play the best teams, and I want us to start being part of "the best teams" category again. I want the B1G to throw the toughest schedules at us, and I want us to just roll our opponents. I wont be totally thrilled with just beating Purdue, Indiana and Illinois and Minnesota on a yearly basis.

We should be able to compete with the likes of Iowa, PSU, MSU, OSU and MU every year, if not, then we are who we are, and will remain that way. No ribbon's for participation. We have to earn it, or forget it.

Last edited:
I like your reply and trust me, all of us have seen enough of the 62 - 3 and 55 - 14 games that we had the 3 and 14 to make us all disgusted. I want two things with this, I want to play the best teams, and I want us to start being part of "the best teams" category again. I want the B1G to throw the toughest schedules as us, and I want us to just roll our opponents. I wont be totally thrilled with just beating Purdue, Indiana and Illinois and Minnesota on a yearly basis.

We should be able to compete with the likes of Iowa, PSU, MSU, OSU and MU every year, if not, then we are who we are, and will remain that way. No ribbon's for participation. We have to earn it, or forget it.
I'm with you in spirit. I'm just not above charity at this point to help right the ship.

I'm with you in spirit. I'm just not above charity at this point to help right the ship.
I understand. We definitely need to catch a break somewhere along the line with scheduling. Our best bet is to just go out and kick some hind ends and not let off the gas until the final whistle blows. I can't even begin to tell you all the times I've told some woman that I am willing to take charity.... Wait, what? Never mind. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back