• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G Schedule Is Out; Huskers Open 5 Sept vs Rutgers

Major League Baseball teams are traveling in and out of states, so there must be a way around travel restrictions.

There is an exemption for professional teams, but it states it does not apply to amateur or collegiate activities. Of course this could change.

Players, coaches, and any team or league staff coming to New York from a designated state must always quarantine in single rooms at their accommodations/lodging while in New York, except for activities related to team practice, meetings, and competition. Teams and leagues must limit the number of staff traveling to New York to only essential personnel required to allow the team to compete while maintaining all applicable health and safety standards. This document applies to any professional athletic activity such as: baseball, basketball, professional vehicle racing (e.g, NASCAR), tennis, etc. This does not apply to amateur or collegiate activities.

Major League Baseball teams are traveling in and out of states, so there must be a way around travel restrictions.
Canada wouldn’t waive Quarantine, which is why the Blue Jays are homeless. my understanding was that one reason for conference only games was that states would be comfortable with waiving quarantine requirements for conference teams based on — like baseball — the strict testing and other policies being followed, but it would be too much to ask with regard to teams from other conference. I would be surprised if Rutgers played at all though.

Last edited:
Canada wouldn’t waive Quarantine, which is why the Blue Jays are homeless. my understanding was that one reason for conference only games was that states would be comfortable with waiving quarantine requirements for conference teams based on — like baseball — the strict testing and other policies being followed, but it would be too much to ask with regard to teams from other conference. I would be surprised if Rutgers played at all though.
Agreed. With the new schedule, ESPN has our schedule rated 13th most difficult. Would the Commish add a team to replace Rutgers (assuming the entire season isn’t cancelled before then?). No matter who they added, the difficulty would go up as Rutgers, IMO, is the only sure W on the schedule. ( Though I’m very optimistic about where this team is at). Looks like my months old “we will be better but 2021 is the year we start resembling who we want to be” is going to be truer than even I thought, though not entirely for the right reasons.

Maybe the BIG gave us Rutgers first because they KNOW it isn’t going to happen. So essentially we start with a bye?

Personally, I don’t care. Bring on the big boys and let’s see how we stack up.
I pretty much feel the same way. I don't want us to cupcake our way through the schedule. Could it have been a little more fair, say with us having the same bye week as OSU, sure, but that hasn't necessarily helped us out in the past. If we can't hang with the big boys, that's on us, not the league schedule makers.

Listening to Sam on the Benning/Severe show (yesterday) they were anticipating Purdue as game 1 and not playing. The interesting thing is they felt the program had a backup plan. So don’t be shocked to see a South Dakota home game should Purdue cancel.

In fact I will stick my neck out and say we won’t play Rutgers and the BIG will let us backfill the game with a lighter foe. You heard it here first!
You mean South Dakota State?

Rutgers - will be a wreck
Illinois - will be a tester... Lovie's best team thus far.
Wisconsin - will be tough but not unbeatable
Iowa - could be a wreck considering off-season
Minnesota - will be salty and a tough opponent...but I think they'll level out this year.
Ohio State - never know but will be very tough
Northwestern - I think we roll. Fitz has squeezed every drop out of that program. Overachieving only last so long.
Penn St. - glad its at home...hopefully have sizable crowds by then..but not getting my hopes up
Purdue - we've been awful vs. Purdue. I think we finally roll them.
Michigan St. - Frost gets his revenge on Mel Tucker for last year's collapse vs. CU

If we can't hang with the big boys, that's on us, not the league schedule makers.
Yes and no. The west Division has not been won by a team facing the top 2 East teams, and has been won by teams that got to play two East bottom dwellers. More care could be taken. We should get OSU 3 times e
If we can't hang with the big boys, that's on us, not the league schedule makers.
Yes and no. Schedule matters. No West team has won the division when playing the top 2 East teams, and West teams have won when playing two East bottom dwellers. We should play OSU 3 of 7 years. We played them in 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21. That should not happen, in fairness.

No West team has won the division when playing the top 2 East teams,
That's fully on us. If we can't beat them, like Dr. Tom had the hardest time beating OU, that is on us. If we can't handle a tough schedule, then that just means we really aren't very good. Whether that be from coaching, or we just don't have the talent on the field or both, that is still on us. JMHO.

Iowa gets - PSU, MSU, Maryland and tOSU ... avoids Michigan, Rutgers and Indiana
Wisconsin gets - Maryland, Michigan, Rutgers and Indiana ... avoids tOSU, PSU and MSU
Minnesota gets - Maryland, Michigan, MSU and Indiana ... avoids tOSU, Rutgers and PSU
Nebraska gets - tOSU, Rutgers, MSU and PSU ... avoids Michigan, Maryland and Indiana

Once again the schedule makers give favor to Wisconsin ... avoiding two of the top 3 along with Michigan State. Minnesota misses tOSU and PSU while Iowa and NU have similar schedules.
No one should ever get a crossover schedule that includes Rutgers, Maryland, AND Indiana. But Wisconsin just did. The team that has dominated the West dating back to the East-West configuration dodges the top two teams in the East.

Minnesota and Wisconsin were effectively handed a one-game advantage over Nebraska and Iowa based on the crossovers. The Big 10 NEVER gets the crossovers right.

August 4th: Ready to call suicide hotline ;)
August 5th: Happy!

rLGuAhn.png

There is an exemption for professional teams, but it states it does not apply to amateur or collegiate activities. Of course this could change.

Players, coaches, and any team or league staff coming to New York from a designated state must always quarantine in single rooms at their accommodations/lodging while in New York, except for activities related to team practice, meetings, and competition. Teams and leagues must limit the number of staff traveling to New York to only essential personnel required to allow the team to compete while maintaining all applicable health and safety standards. This document applies to any professional athletic activity such as: baseball, basketball, professional vehicle racing (e.g, NASCAR), tennis, etc. This does not apply to amateur or collegiate activities.
This is NY not NJ.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back