• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G Power rankings from Bardo

What I'm eager to see going forward is the transition of winning with expectations

Exactly. These new expectations will affect our team, how our opponents approach us, and how our fans view the team. We're in kind of a honeymoon right now. Doesn't mean the marriage can't still be rocky.

What I'm eager to see going forward is the transition of winning with expectations

Exactly. These new expectations will affect our team, how our opponents approach us, and how our fans view the team. We're in kind of a honeymoon right now. Doesn't mean the marriage can't still be rocky.

Thanks for typing this, gents. This season has been incredible, but the guys have snuck up on ALOT of teams. That won't be the case next year, so Miles needs to demonstrate an ability to build on success and continue to develop players. Let's not pronounce him John Wooden yet. Or start dynasty planning.

Let them make at least two tourney appearances before the idol worship starts. ;)

Last edited:
Not surprising the way the team finished the season. They're playing as well as any team in the B1G right now.

The last month they didn't sneak up on anyone. I think most teams could see how well we've been playing and how much our talent has grown. B1G coaches know how to game plan.

I agree with you SoCal! We may have caught Sparty that way, but by the time we played Bucky, they were well aware of the Husker's success!

Not surprising the way the team finished the season. They're playing as well as any team in the B1G right now.

The last month they didn't sneak up on anyone. I think most teams could see how well we've been playing and how much our talent has grown. B1G coaches know how to game plan.

Hard to sneak up on coaches. Lou Holtz didn't invent making a bad team sound like the Steelers...he just perfected it.

Players on the other hand...sometimes a coach can tell player "this isn't the NU team you waxed last month or last year" til they are blue in the face but sometimes they need to get smacked before they buy it.

NU had better be ready for everyone's best shot in the tourney...because they will be facing an OSU team that has already learned that lesson.

Last edited:

Jim Wooden? Who dat? ;)

Thanks for typing this, gents. This season has been incredible, but the guys have snuck up on ALOT of teams. That won't be the case next year, so Miles needs to demonstrate an ability to build on success and continue to develop players. Let's not pronounce him Jim Wooden yet. Or start dynasty planning.

Let them make at least two tourney appearances before the idol worship starts. ;)

The Tourney will be telling. We will be getting everyone else's 'Best Shot.' The Big question is (as I think Bils pointed out in another thread), can we continue to improve on our "Best Shot?"

As another way of putting it; instead of NU having 'Arrived,' I think we are 'Arriving.'

Hard to sneak up on coaches. Lou Holtz didn't invent making a bad team sound like the Steelers...he just perfected it.

Players on the other hand...sometimes a coach can tell player "this isn't the NU team you waxed last month or last year" til they are blue in the face but sometimes they need to get smacked before they buy it.

NU had better be ready for everyone's best shot in the tourney...because they will be facing an OSU team that has already learned that lesson.
Do you think they snuck up on Wisconsin?

Do you think they snuck up on Wisconsin?

I don't think they snuck up on Wisconsin. Wisconsin played well, we fought back and won. In that case, though I think home court was a big advantage. In Indy, on neutral ground? Well, I'm learning not to underestimate this team, but I would bet on Wisconsin to win 6 or 7 times out of ten. If I'm underestimating them again, and they win the tourney, I guess I'll go "Wow" again. That's mostly what I've done all season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back