• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked B1G Game of the Week: Northwestern vs Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

peder

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
Battle for the NUs was on last night. Not trying to dig up skeletons from last year, but wow, what an unimpressive game for Nebraska.

With 12:16 left in the 4th quarter, Ciante Evans blows his coverage to allow a wide open Northwestern receiver go 80 yards for a touchdown, and Northwestern was in control from there on. On that drive, it wasn't a matter of the defensive line not getting enough pressure--Ciante Evans just never stayed with his man. I put a lot of our defensive trouble last year on the defensive line not getting to the QB, but with CBs and Safeties as weak as we had last year, I'm not sure it would have made an ounce of difference.

Last edited:

I hated in that game how we put 6 guys on the line with 1 back. Northwestern's blocking ate that up... we should have had 4 linemen and 3 linebackers immediately behind the linemen... it would have given the linebackers time to read and react to the offense and given us a chance to push back the pile.

Caught parts of the NU-Michigan game last night. I forgot how thorough Michigan's arse kicking of NU was that day...guess I've read too many times how that game hinged on a couple bad calls by the officials. Watching again reminded me what a joke that line of reasoning was.

I'm willing to let last year be last year. Taped all the games, but the only ones I've chosen to watch again was Ohio St and Michigan St. Losses are bad enough the first time. They usually don't get any better on replay.

Caught parts of the NU-Michigan game last night. I forgot how thorough Michigan's arse kicking of NU was that day...guess I've read too many times how that game hinged on a couple bad calls by the officials. Watching again reminded me what a joke that line of reasoning was.

Yeah, we were never in that game after the opening kickoff.

I took my 14 year old son to the Northwestern game..... he had NEVER witnessed a Husker loss up to that point. Trying to explain to him what was happening was troubling at best and at times downright impossible to justify. I want retribution. BBR

I'm willing to let last year be last year. Taped all the games, but the only ones I've chosen to watch again was Ohio St and Michigan St. Losses are bad enough the first time. They usually don't get any better on replay.

As I flipped through the B1G fb replay lineup on Friday.....there were games that did not make the DVR cue and NU vs NU and NU vs MU did not get recorded. Those were train wrecks that I CAN look away from with absolutely no need to analyze the hows and whys of what happened. I hope there is a better showing this year at our house against MU and I hope I am there to see it!!!

No kidding... i can't watch the losses over again, it was painful enough the first time.

I only get to two games a year and was there for the Iowa State nightmare a few years ago and Northwestern last year. I'll be at the Idaho State game this year if the Huskers lose that one I'll walk back to Pennsylvania.

I only get to two games a year and was there for the Iowa State nightmare a few years ago and Northwestern last year. I'll be at the Idaho State game this year if the Huskers lose that one I'll walk back to Pennsylvania.

yeah. Past behavior predicts future behavior. I hope you keep yourself limited to the spring game, from now on.

You should have seen it on GameTracker.... it "looked" even worse. All those long blue lines on Michigan drives...

Thank you, bils. I've said that about the UM game a few times on here, in response to people who say it was just a special team gaffe away from an NU victory, and I get absolutely toasted for doing so. Glad some of you know the game.

Thank you, bils. I've said that about the UM game a few times on here, in response to people who say it was just a special team gaffe away from an NU victory, and I get absolutely toasted for doing so. Glad some of you know the game.

Total yards: 418-260
First downs: 24-11
Turnovers: 0-3
Penalties: 5-8
TOP: 41:13-18:39
3rd downs: 8/18 to 3/13
Sacks by: 3-1

It was just an arse kicking any way you look at it.

Just a reminder: Bo Pelini has us right on track and it's never ok to say anything negative about him. Furthermore, never question him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back