• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Austin Apodaca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin Apodaca ...remember this name because in a few years I have a feeling we'll all hear a lot about this young man. He's the first QB recruit for Washington State's new head coach. A tall skinny two star from Colorado who's only other scholarship offer was from North Dakota State.
It'll be fun watching" Mad Man Leach" turn the kid into a passing machine. It will also prove that recruiting stars can get it wrong.

I too am a fan of Leach. You wonder how he did it at TTu all those years, and I do find it curious he found himself a 2-star QB in Colorado. Very interesting.

If you like Leach, the guy at Smart Football (a very good football blog) is a big fan of his and regularly dissects his offense.

Does he prove the recruiting stars wrong or that you can take any talent and put it into a system and have it turn out good. Leach has done a great job of taking QBs no one has heard of and making them passing machines. I just can't think of any that when out of Leach's sytem still stood out. As mentioned by joncarl, I will be watching and I hope he can stir things up on the west coast, good luck to Austin.

Proves the STARS mean nothing !!! Its about coaching, Leach in 10 years at TT put more kids into the NFL than NU has in 40 years. This dosnt count his first gig as OC, at OU under Stoops ,when the won the NC in years two .

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back