• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Audio/Video: Munson on "Drop the Mike" talking recruiting (6/20/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI....Some really good conversation and analysis....worth a listen....

[video=youtube_share;MLTVYfzLoD8]http://youtu.be/MLTVYfzLoD8[/video]

Last edited:

A good listen. I really liked the part in the middle where he discusses Trai Mosley, the 7v7 competitions, and the scout in Texas who thinks it was an amazing get for the Huskers. 2 star? No way! 5 interceptions? Yes please and Thank YOU!

I also like that he is not a big fan of the star system and he works for Scout...:) :)

I think we picked up some very good under the radar talent that has not been properly evaluated by the services....but has been properly evaluated by our staff...

A good listen. I really liked the part in the middle where he discusses Trai Mosley, the 7v7 competitions, and the scout in Texas who thinks it was an amazing get for the Huskers. 2 star? No way! 5 interceptions? Yes please and Thank YOU!

I also like that he is not a big fan of the star system and he works for Scout...:) :)

I think we picked up some very good under the radar talent that has not been properly evaluated by the services....but has been properly evaluated by our staff...

And you've just touched on another great point that is really starting to gain some traction. The apparent change in recruiting philosophy the Huskers are employing. Countless thousands of HS football players out there. Many that have skill sets that are valuable, but for one reason or another haven't received the notoriety and publicity from the recruiting services. Bo and his mechanics have added an old school approach to recuiting. Rooting out that talent, and trusting their own eyes to evaluate them. Bring the lunch pail and get to work!

This approach is going to pay dividends. I suspect these players will suit up and be very grateful that the University of Nebraska took time to notice them before many others have. And now that they have the big time offer, watch the services start bumping them up the star ladder during their Senior seasons. Not that it will matter in most cases now. These players are "N"

Bo and staff were smart enough to realize they had to retool their recruiting philosophy etc. 3 years ago and the results have been evident....look at the 12 & 13 classes.....

As I have been saying this past week...the services can't possibly evaluate every D-1 prospect out there so its easier to got with he sexy name kids to generate subscriptions and TV time....so many of these kids who are low 3 and 2 stars prospects are going under the radar and under valued....by the services....not by our staff....

And you've just touched on another great point that is really starting to gain some traction. The apparent change in recruiting philosophy the Huskers are employing. Countless thousands of HS football players out there. Many that have skill sets that are valuable, but for one reason or another haven't received the notoriety and publicity from the recruiting services. Bo and his mechanics have added an old school approach to recuiting. Rooting out that talent, and trusting their own eyes to evaluate them. Bring the lunch pail and get to work!

This approach is going to pay dividends. I suspect these players will suit up and be very grateful that the University of Nebraska took time to notice them before many others have. And now that they have the big time offer, watch the services start bumping them up the star ladder during their Senior seasons. Not that it will matter in most cases now. These players are "N"

Bo and staff were smart enough to realize they had to retool their recruiting philosophy etc. 3 years ago and the results have been evident....look at the 12 & 13 classes.....

As I have been saying this past week...the services can't possibly evaluate every D-1 prospect out there so its easier to got with he sexy name kids to generate subscriptions and TV time....so many of these kids who are low 3 and 2 stars prospects are going under the radar and under valued....by the services....not by our staff....

i believe I debunked this subscription myth in the other thread. I'm still waiting for the response and I know you didn't not see it as you see everything. Until it, I will just assume a no response means you have nothing to back this arbitrary claim and allow you to keep promoting something that is really doesn't make much sense.

No you didn't debunk anything....and your right my lack of response says what it needed to say....take it for what's worth....but since you felt a personal need to call me out then I'll respond....and frankly your promoting something that few on here would agree with so back at ya....:)...and yeah I know you belong to a pay service....more power to you....

Silence sometimes says more than words....but I think you already knew that...I'm not going to waste my time on an argument that becomes a wee-weeing contest...we can agree to disagree....

And I'll keep promoting what I'm saying....because I think I'm right....and it makes sense....

And I stand fully behind what I wrote in the above post....they can't evaluate every kid....its damn near impossible...and we both know that...hell even Munson doesn't like the star system....go figure huh and he works for a pay service..:) Its a good gauge to use as a basic tool and that's about it...and he himself said that in the interview in the OP....so even he disagrees with you....

Now back to the subject of this thread...:)

i believe I debunked this subscription myth in the other thread. I'm still waiting for the response and I know you didn't not see it as you see everything. Until it, I will just assume a no response means you have nothing to back this arbitrary claim and allow you to keep promoting something that is really doesn't make much sense.

Last edited:
No you didn't debunk anything....and your right my lack of response says what it needed to say....take it for what's worth....but since you felt a personal need to call me out then I'll respond....and frankly your promoting something that few on here would agree with so back at ya....:)...and yeah I know you belong to a pay service....more power to you....

Silence sometimes says more than words....but I think you already knew that...I'm not going to waste my time on an argument that becomes a wee-weeing contest...we can agree to disagree....

And I'll keep promoting what I'm saying....because I think I'm right....and it makes sense....

And I stand fully behind what I wrote in the above post....they can't evaluate every kid....its damn near impossible...and we both know that...hell even Munson doesn't like the star system....go figure huh and he works for a pay service..:) Its a good gauge to use as a basic tool and that's about it...and he himself said that in the interview in the OP....so even he disagrees with you....

Now back to the subject of this thread...:)

i belong to a pay service? What are you talking about? If you're referring to this one then you're right, I don't belong to a recruiting site and I think it's funny you would claim to know that. Can I please get where you're getting that idea from because once again, you're completely wrong.

Fair enough my apology...I mistook you for someone else who belongs to Rivals....but I stand by the rest of what I wrote.....and no I'm not wrong....nuff said...heck even Munson disagrees with you and he works for a pay site....so it appears the only one wrong here is you....but that's cool....we all get it wrong once in awhile....if I'm right 50% of the time I'm blessed....but this time I am...and I stand by it....

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one....which is fair enough....

Have a good evening....:)

Now back to the topic...:)

i belong to a pay service? What are you talking about? If you're referring to this one then you're right, I don't belong to a recruiting site and I think it's funny you would claim to know that. Can I please get where you're getting that idea from because once again, you're completely wrong.

Last edited:
Fair enough my apology...I mistook you for someone else who belongs to Rivals....but I stand by the rest of what I wrote.....and no I'm not wrong....nuff said...heck even Munson disagrees with you and he works for a pay site....so it appears the only one wrong here is you....but that's cool....we all get it wrong once in awhile....if I'm right 50% of the time I'm blessed....but this time I am...and I stand by it....

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one....which is fair enough....

Have a good evening....:)

Now back to the topic...:)

well it's good that I'm not mistaken for someone else as that is ridiculous and funny. Anyways, I will let you claim you're right or whatever bit I bring arguments and facts and the only thing you keep saying is you're right with nothing else. Show me the quote where Munson says "we give stars to guys who go to certain schools to sell subscriptions" and I will believe you. Do you read my posts, cuz I get the feeling you think I'm saying that the star system is perfect and I have said nothing of the sort.

To that point tho, stars are a pretty darn solid indicator of performance so you should not say they mean nothing. I can provide 5 links once I'm at a computer that say stars have a direct correlation to performance and draft stock. Links that reflect actual data, stats, math from statisticians like Nate Silver, which I think have a bit more credibility than anyone who frequents message boards. I usually side with those guys but we all have our own tendencies.

But yes, back to topic!

Last edited:
Oh and thanks for Your 'graciousness' after my apology for mistaking you for someone else.....that is pretty tell-tale in my mind....I'm done....there is no point in furthering this discussion...and I'm sure that is ridiculous and funny too....:)

Have a nice evening....you can have the last word...:)

Peace and Blessings...:)

well it's good that I'm not mistaken for someone else as that is ridiculous and funny. Anyways, I will let you claim you're right or whatever bit I bring arguments and facts and the only thing you keep saying is you're right with nothing else. Show me the quote where Munson says "we give stars to guys who go to certain schools to sell subscriptions" and I will believe you. Do you read my posts, cuz I get the feeling you think I'm saying that the star system is perfect and I have said nothing of the sort.

To that point tho, stars are a pretty darn solid indicator of performance so you should not say they mean nothing. I can provide 5 links once I'm at a computer that say stars have a direct correlation to performance and draft stock. Links that reflect actual data, stats, math from statisticians like Nate Silver, which I think have a bit more credibility than anyone who frequents message boards. I usually side with those guys but we all have our own tendencies.

But yes, back to topic!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back