• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

At least the Big 8 changed its name

NeroFakesThePitch

Scout Team
15 Year Member
When the Big 8 added those stupid ***-as schools, at least whomever was in charge had the intelligence to change the name to the Big 12, because, you know, there were TWELVE teams.

There is nothing "10" about the Big 10. Change the name already.

Great Idea
Big = is now call FOX SEC = is now ESPN
Begs the question: How long has it been about ESPN? It always comes down to money.

I will say this, though, and many people have mentioned it. It is sad to witness the demise of college football. Talk me off the ledge. CFB seems to be a congruent analogy for the world. Not trying to be political!

Begs the question: How long has it been about ESPN? It always comes down to money.

I will say this, though, and many people have mentioned it. It is sad to witness the demise of college football. Talk me off the ledge. CFB seems to be a congruent analogy for the world. Not trying to be political!
Great post. In
hope you realize the post was me just being cynical?

The Big 8 didn't change their name. They died.

Technically, the Big XII was a new conference and did not recognize either Big 8 / SWC as formal history.

Bevo Conference (aka Big 12) was still a member of P5. o_O

Makes perfectly sense, degrade from P5 to P4 ..... 10 years ago.

Agreed. Conferences need to adjust their names if the number of teams does not accurately reflect the number in the conference title.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back