• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Assistant Salary Pool

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
So the total now is $3.9, good for 3rd in the Big 10. One of the beat writers said that is sure to go up.

Just "opening up the vault" doesn't get bettet results. i know chinander is a lock but is $800k or so appropriate for him? with a budget like that why not take a stab at someone like Steele with $1.2 or so?

I'd be on board with Steele, but it sure sounds like Frost and Chinander are a package deal.

I am not in favor of opening the checkbook for anyone that is rumored to be coming quite yet. I would rather see a smaller starting salary with some decent increases by the year. I know that isn't a popular thought, just don't think someone should get a vault of money at the start. Assistants included. Be fair but still need to be fiscally responsible. Pay can always go up, but it can't go down.

I am not in favor of opening the checkbook for anyone that is rumored to be coming quite yet. I would rather see a smaller starting salary with some decent increases by the year. I know that isn't a popular thought, just don't think someone should get a vault of money at the start. Assistants included. Be fair but still need to be fiscally responsible. Pay can always go up, but it can't go down.

Agree. Doesn't look real good if a guy doesn't fit after a year or two and you were paying him top-shelf pay. Make him earn it. I'd only pay the minimum assistant money that it took to get Frost to sign.

Agree. Doesn't look real good if a guy doesn't fit after a year or two and you were paying him top-shelf pay. Make him earn it. I'd only pay the minimum assistant money that it took to get Frost to sign.
Pretty sure those assistants didn’t have anything to do w NU paying 3 Head Coaches. Pay them.

Difference is this coaching staff was basically. 500 over three years. Frosts was 6-7 In year one and 12-0 in year two....That staff gels well together and ours changed every single year. Give them time but pay them what they deserve right now. Don't do what we did for diaco and basically give him 1.7 million in two years for that horrible defensive coaching.

Last edited:

Pretty sure those assistants didn’t have anything to do w NU paying 3 Head Coaches. Pay them.

Nobody said cheap-out because of buyouts. I'm just saying don't pay more than it takes to get them here, but rather give them incentives to make more after winning.
You don't triple someones salary when you don't even know if they can coach at this level just because we have the money.

Last edited:
Nobody said cheap-out because of buyouts. I'm just saying don't pay more than it takes to get them here, but rather give them incentives to make more after winning.
You don't triple someones salary when you don't even know if they can coach at this level just because we have the money.
Would be cool to see them structure something like 600k for Chinander (since he was making 425k at UCF) and give him a 250k bonus if we win conference or 100k bonus for winning the division. There's also incentives you could do for a top 25 scoring defense, that sort of thing.

Would be cool to see them structure something like 600k for Chinander (since he was making 425k at UCF) and give him a 250k bonus if we win conference or 100k bonus for winning the division. There's also incentives you could do for a top 25 scoring defense, that sort of thing.

Yep. That's the kind of merits I'm thinking about. Make them driven to earn it. It isn't just the players that need motivation.

"how come the Blackshirts are still playing in the 4th quarter of a 49-0 game?" :Biggrin:

here's a totally random article about bonuses and what a difference a single point can make

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/19129861/buffalo-sabres-jack-eichel-misses-2-million-bonus

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back