• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked As Huskers aim to recruit from the 'inside out,' the Show-Me state is loaded with targets in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
247Sports Mo. Top ten 2018

1. Kamryn Babb WR St. Louis 4*

2. Michael Thompson DT St. Louis 4*

3. Ayodele Adeoye ILB St. Louis 4*

4. Mario Goodrich ATH Lees Summit 4*

5. Dallas Craddieth WR Flarissant 4*

6. Trevor Trout DT St Louis 4*

7. Ronnie Perkins WDE St. Louis 4*

8. Daniel Parker SDE Blue Springs 3*

9. Kaleb Eleby Pro QB Maryland Heights 3*

10. Cameron Brown WR St. Louis 3*
In the 80's and 90's, NU would have cleaned that up. Whomever they wanted for the most part. Gotta get that back, to a degree.

Last edited:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Ten high school juniors from around the state came to Mizzou on Sunday on unofficial recruiting visits. From left are William Chrisman defensive end Daniel Carson, Lee’s Summit West athlete Mario Goodrich, Blue Springs defensive lineman Daniel Parker, Parkway North defensive lineman Michael Thompson Jr., CBC receivers Kamryn Babb and Cameron Brown, Chaminade defensive tackle Trevor Trout, Lutheran North defensive lineman Ronnie Perkins, Hazelwood Central safety Dallas Craddieth and Ritenour linebacker Ayodele Adeoye.

Looks like Mizzou is stepping up their game for this cycle too. Would be cool if we hosted a regional JR day for the missouri/neb/iowa kids.

Last edited:

There arent even any prospects rated in the entire state, let alone D1 talent. I guess we could invite a couple though just for kicks?
Farniok is a jr this year, afaik. After that there may be zero, but 3 in 4- 5 years is okay.

Last edited:
There arent even any prospects rated in the entire state, let alone D1 talent. I guess we could invite a couple though just for kicks?
I think if you are going to do it you invite anyone from any of the touching states. So throw in Kan and Colo (Wyo if they ever had anyone close to a D1 talent). The it could be called the border states camp or something like that. Make it one weekend where we do nothing but look at near in talent. I think it would do a lot for in state coaches perception. Give the coaches a chance to focus on talent without all of the Calitexorida star ladened talent hanging around. Then like they did for one of the lights camp s last year. Invite the fans hear as well and get the fans cheering for these kids as well. Maybe even invite some JC and local HS coaches to work the camps.

I think if you are going to do it you invite anyone from any of the touching states. So throw in Kan and Colo (Wyo if they ever had anyone close to a D1 talent). The it could be called the border states camp or something like that. Make it one weekend where we do nothing but look at near in talent. I think it would do a lot for in state coaches perception. Give the coaches a chance to focus on talent without all of the Calitexorida star ladened talent hanging around. Then like they did for one of the lights camp s last year. Invite the fans hear as well and get the fans cheering for these kids as well. Maybe even invite some JC and local HS coaches to work the camps.
agree. and lol at Calitexorida.

I agree if you are doing a "camp" but I completely disagree if you are doing a special recruiting weekend. IMO we need to do what Mizzou just did but add in the Nebraska kids. So a Nebraska/Missouri weekend. We need to spend as much 1on1 time as we can with Trout and Babb.

Here's a good article with Billy Devaney's thoughts about recruiting and more. Look at what he says about the 500 mile radius.

"And then there's the 500-mile radius. We're going to kill this radius. I'm talking about Nebraska, for sure.

He's also talking about the Kansas City area as well as St. Louis, which is loaded with talent.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_6ad9cbee-0c05-5ebe-82f7-25e7e226de03.html

Looking forward to seeing how things turn out as they "'kill' this radius."

I see your point, but isn't it better to see how these kids fare next to higher rated kids. Easier to evaluate them in that context.

Yes but it is a matter of perspective from the recruits. I am sure that they sometimes feel lost in the shuffle. Additionally they are free to come to any weekend if they choose. But this would be focused on them.

Mizzou would have been much better off in the B1G. Trying to muster a tear of sorrow for them...:Cheer2: Well, that didn't work!

I'm at a Volleyball tournament in Lawrence this weekend with a ton of Mizzu fans walking around. Maybe I can bug them and then razzle'em a bit about the recruits were gonna take from them lol.
God they were everywhere at that tournament!!!

What? I was at the same place as a huskermaxer and didn't know it?
Apparently so. Lawrence Pavillion. I've spent many a weekends there in the last couple of years, and will for the next several as well. Both my girls are club players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back