• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Are any of the new recruits upset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

++++++1

Lets summarize. 1. Sanders has apparently done something of the magnitude that requires that he no longer work for the university. 2. His resigning allows the university not to make that reason public, which benefits Sanders significantly, and the university to a lesser extent. If he did not resign, the university might have had to show cause in not renewing his contract. 3. Pellini was put in the unenviable position of having to deal with this issue at the height of recruiting season. Once you let a recruit know that a coach may be leaving, it is all over the media, raising questions among all recruits about the stability of the program.

Bo Pellini's first responsibility is to the football program of the University of Nebraska. He did not cause this situation, but had to deal with it at perhaps the most delicate moment of the football calendar. For those ripping Bo for a lack of integrity, consider that he did not throw Sanders under the bus, even though that would have made his job easier. That speaks of personal loyalty to me.

For all those ripping Bo for not having the stones to fire Watson, guess what, it sure looks like he has done just that. Some of you may wish that he had been hung, drawn and quartered, but instead, Pellini gave Watson and Gilmore two months to seek other jobs. Personal loyalty again, and very decent of him.

I agree again with Combat Yeoman when he says read the article again. The headline is inflammatory, because that is what sells papers (draws traffic in online speak). I am not at all concerned about Pellini's ability to make Chatelain and others happy. His first responsibility to the the program, not to them. Chatelain's first responsibility is to the marketing department of the OWH, to write to sell papers. Period.

Thank you. That is so well stated, there is no reason to expand on any part of it.

Being that it is from a paid site, could anyone summarize or put into their own words the gist of the article? Not sure if that would be permitted, but if so, a summary would be cool, especially for all the histrionics that went on here this AM.

++++++1

Lets summarize. 1. Sanders has apparently done something of the magnitude that requires that he no longer work for the university. 2. His resigning allows the university not to make that reason public, which benefits Sanders significantly, and the university to a lesser extent. If he did not resign, the university might have had to show cause in not renewing his contract. 3. Pellini was put in the unenviable position of having to deal with this issue at the height of recruiting season. Once you let a recruit know that a coach may be leaving, it is all over the media, raising questions among all recruits about the stability of the program.

Bo Pellini's first responsibility is to the football program of the University of Nebraska. He did not cause this situation, but had to deal with it at perhaps the most delicate moment of the football calendar. For those ripping Bo for a lack of integrity, consider that he did not throw Sanders under the bus, even though that would have made his job easier. That speaks of personal loyalty to me.

For all those ripping Bo for not having the stones to fire Watson, guess what, it sure looks like he has done just that. Some of you may wish that he had been hung, drawn and quartered, but instead, Pellini gave Watson and Gilmore two months to seek other jobs. Personal loyalty again, and very decent of him.

I agree again with Combat Yeoman when he says read the article again. The headline is inflammatory, because that is what sells papers (draws traffic in online speak). I am not at all concerned about Pellini's ability to make Chatelain and others happy. His first responsibility to the the program, not to them. Chatelain's first responsibility is to the marketing department of the OWH, to write to sell papers. Period.

+1 here as well. Very well said!

++++++1

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back