• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Anzalone de-commits from Ohio State: Dad: "Something's just not right at Ohio State,"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meyer will lose three or four games next season and develop another health problem. This guy is not in it for the long haul and this kind of thing just reminds him why he left Florida. Even a used carl salesman like him realizes he can't control crazy boosters/fans like this guy .
Meyer in my opinion lost his passion for the game after a few great seasons at Florida. He has nothing to prove (as a coach) and I believe he'll grow tired of all this negative publicity. He will only tarnish a very shakey reputation( as a win at all cost coach) further with this kind of mess. I really believe his tenure at THE OHIO STATE will be a short one.

With social media, particularly Twitter, the definition of 'booster' has become pretty blurry. I believe anyone who contacts a recruit through social media with a school-oriented message is labeled a booster. Certainly not the traditional sense, but a booster nonetheless.

This man is nothing more than a guy who contacts students online and parties in the same places. He has no contribution to the school whatsoever.

That's where that definition of booster is a problem. As far as the NCAA is concerned, yes -- this guy is a booster. But how do they monitor every single person who tweets an athlete? Mission impossible.

As a sex offender, what this booster contributes is more than money....not sure that should be okay with the NCAA either.

Like I said he is solid to Nebraska and is already talking about working with Bandaras and Lacouture on recruiting other kids...

I suspect they may try again....but I think he is solid...

Sounds to me like OSU already made a push for love.

With social media, particularly Twitter, the definition of 'booster' has become pretty blurry. I believe anyone who contacts a recruit through social media with a school-oriented message is labeled a booster. Certainly not the traditional sense, but a booster nonetheless.

This man is nothing more than a guy who contacts students online and parties in the same places. He has no contribution to the school whatsoever.

That's where that definition of booster is a problem. As far as the NCAA is concerned, yes -- this guy is a booster. But how do they monitor every single person who tweets an athlete? Mission impossible.

The NCAA gets involve most of the time when someone turns the school or booster into them, isn't it? In this case, if it goes anywhere, wouldn't it be someone like the former recruit or the parent reporting to the NCAA that there was suspicious activity going on? In some cases it could be other witnesses like another coach, or disgruntled former employee,, etc. Didn't the NCAA look at Arkansas, briefly, because of those pictures online with those recruits wearing Arkansas jerseys with their names on them and locker mockups with their names on them?

At any rate, aren't the schools themselves supposed to monitor and self report any violations to the NCAA and that's why the "lack of institutional control and oversight" violation gets such stiff penalties?

Just wondering as I'm not totally sure about how some of these things go. I guess that's because NU has been pretty much void of these types of investigations through the many years of my fandom and attending school there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back