• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Anzalone de-commits from Ohio State: Dad: "Something's just not right at Ohio State,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really do hate to see this happen, even to OSU. Things are just so unmanagable anymore. You cannot keep a tab on everything & everyone all the time. I wish these men well.

The question has to be asked is how did this guy get access to these recruits? I think that is where the Dad is questioning what is happening at Ohio State...someone got duped into letting him do so....

I really do hate to see this happen, even to OSU. Things are just so unmanagable anymore. You cannot keep a tab on everything & everyone all the time. I wish these men well.

Meyer is truly a slimy, sleezy, used car salesman............ who also can coach. But I find it highly unlikely he knew about this guy. My guess is no unauthorized access to recruits will occur anymore at OSU with someone losing a job.

Last edited:
Recruiting at OSU

Wow, this is a bit surprising:
During Anzalone's visit to Columbus, Ohio on April 21, he and two other recruits posed for a picture with Charles Eric Waugh of Ashland, Ky., and the photo made its way to Twitter. Only later did Anzalone learn Waugh, 31, had pleaded guilty to five counts of possession of underage sexual content in 2008. Waugh has had several interactions with players and recruits both in person and through social media.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ning-recruiting-visit-included-163223774.html

I expect that too.....Meyer will try and negative recruit against Nebraska to flip him that is his style....but from all I hear he is solid to Nebraska....no interest to flip to Ohio State....much like McMullen last class...

I'm really not worried about losing him....I think the Mooeny connection already at Nebraska and his teammate Marcus McWilson coming with him will be key too...

OSU will definitely be making another push for Love.

Last edited:
The question has to be asked is how did this guy get access to these recruits? I think that is where the Dad is questioning what is happening at Ohio State...someone got duped into letting him do so....

Plus, is it not against NCAA regulations for boosters to have access to recruits? Like, them having undue influence on a recruit to commit to the school?

Hey, I was away from the computer for a day and when I get back...all good news. A new recruit for NU and tOSU is burning. :huskerflag:

Plus, is it not against NCAA regulations for boosters to have access to recruits? Like, them having undue influence on a recruit to commit to the school?

With social media, particularly Twitter, the definition of 'booster' has become pretty blurry. I believe anyone who contacts a recruit through social media with a school-oriented message is labeled a booster. Certainly not the traditional sense, but a booster nonetheless.

This man is nothing more than a guy who contacts students online and parties in the same places. He has no contribution to the school whatsoever.

That's where that definition of booster is a problem. As far as the NCAA is concerned, yes -- this guy is a booster. But how do they monitor every single person who tweets an athlete? Mission impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back