• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Anyone else still have that "the Huskers are playing in WHAT conference???" moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I only really feel weird about it when I see TCU or West Virginia playing Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, Okie State or OU. It's like when you've got an ex-girlfriend that you're over, but you still feel a little weird when you see her with another dude, even though your new lady is way hotter, smarter, understands you better and gets along with you better.

I only really feel weird about it when I see TCU or West Virginia playing Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, Okie State or OU. It's like when you've got an ex-girlfriend that you're over, but you still feel a little weird when you see her with another dude, even though your new lady is way hotter, smarter, understands you better and gets along with you better.

But then your new lady suddenly gets bigger...

Don't miss the Big 12. Didn't watch one entire Big 12 game this year. They are dead to me. OK, almost. I still like seeing Texas crash and burn.

Familiar tune here as well. Don't miss the Big XII any more, it was easy to let go after the State of Texas conferencejacked it. It was not the follower of the Big 8 and thus it had no sentimental attachments. Did not watch a single Big XII game all year.

NU in the B1G has been easy to accept. Enjoying seeing the Longhorns lose on the score ticker is still lovely. Miss the old Big 8 long running series' with Kansas, KSU, ISU, OU, CU...

Oddly enough, I have had a much harder time integrating the likes of WVU and TCU into the Big XII, TAM and Mizzou into the SEC, and CU to the Pac 12. Now that stuff is just... off. :)

Last edited:

It has been no problem for me... but I am only 28.

Hasn't been a problem for me, either, and I'm 63! Actually, since I live in Kansas and am married to a KSU fan, it took me all of 2 minutes to get used to the idea when the announcement was made. and watching the BTN and seeing how much they respect the Husker traditions and memories always makes me think, "Gee, these guys really want Nebraska to be part of the B1G." (As opposed to ....)

Hasn't been a problem for me, either, and I'm 63! Actually, since I live in Kansas and am married to a KSU fan, it took me all of 2 minutes to get used to the idea when the announcement was made. and watching the BTN and seeing how much they respect the Husker traditions and memories always makes me think, "Gee, these guys really want Nebraska to be part of the B1G." (As opposed to ....)

Might have actually been good for the marriage, right Liz?

Your husband has to be feeling pretty good these days about KSU. Snyder's back to doing what he does very well!!

Who? What is (was) this thing some refer to as the Big 12? I remember the Big 8. Great bunch of folks there, will except those from Colorado for a few seasons.

I grew up in NW Iowa and went to Iowa for grad school. To me the B1G is a perfect fit. I haven't given a thought to the Big 12 for two years.

Might have actually been good for the marriage, right Liz?

Your husband has to be feeling pretty good these days about KSU. Snyder's back to doing what he does very well!!

Actually, when the announcement was made, I told people that meant one less day during the year we wouldn't be talking. :)

And, yes, he's feeling pretty good about this year. I have to admit, though, that he wasn't really thrilled when they first hired Snyder again, although ANYBODY was better the Prince. He felt that they were making too quick of a return to Snyder without giving other candidates a look. He also felt that they didn't really give serious consideration to other coaches when they hired Prince. But he wouldn't be caught dead now saying anything about not thinking re-hiring Snyder was the best at the time. But I was SOOOOO glad that I didn't have to watch the Baylor game with him. I was in Lincoln that weekend with my sister going to the game. We had gone over to Grand Island to take care of some business that night. When I first walked by a tv at the restaurant for a late supper, I did a quick stop and recheck of the score. That was before half-time. I thought, "Oh well, they are a really strong 2nd half team." Then it just worse and worse. I didn't get back to Wichita until late Sunday evening. By that time he was over being mad and had made it to morose. But they always have Texas's number, so I'm expecting him to back on top after this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back