• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any word from Frosty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9bb05aca2a8d8f65f73c110ac9463054.jpg

That’s your emotions talking. The sting will take time to subside. Good news is it doesn’t really matter. It is what it is. We have a brand new staff and SF no longer has any impact on the situation, except in the psyche of some who can’t let go.
It has nothing to with emotions. (Idk where that came from.) It's just my opinion.

Kind of like the "Hot Seat" in Lincoln, it get HOT in Arizona. I think that's the last thing I heard him say.

Scotts best team was year 1 and they regressed from there. So he did leave it in worse shape than he found it.
On offense you are spot on. We had difference makers (ozigbo, receivers, OL) all of which Reilly developed.

SF offenses were never ranked higher than 75 th in country based on points scored.

We don’t have one difference maker on offense that is a SF carryover

That is the definition of incompetence and abject failure

It has nothing to with emotions. (Idk where that came from.) It's just my opinion.
Opinions often have emotions built in. I assumed everyone knew that. My bad.

I’m amused at folks trying to “prove” that SF failed as coach at Nebraska. I’m not aware of anyone who seriously thinks otherwise. So folks stuck in that loop are probably having some emotions mixed into the equation.

Last edited:

On offense you are spot on. We had difference makers (ozigbo, receivers, OL) all of which Reilly developed.

SF offenses were never ranked higher than 75 th in country based on points scored.

We don’t have one difference maker on offense that is a SF carryover

That is the definition of incompetence and abject failure
Devine Ozigbo was a difference maker under MR?

This thread is just... wow. The personal attacks on him and his family should be beneath us. He failed as a coach, the program is worse than how he found it, and we're digging out of a massive hole because he neglected his job. I don't think we need yet another deep dive into the rumors and whispers of off-the-field to indict him further.

I would guess he needs at least a year off before getting into anything but I also, sincerely, question his internal drive to try again. The way he left and how he's all but disappeared from the CFB world indicates someone who wants to escape rather than embrace the failure. Sark, Kiffin, Petrino, etc., for all their faults, owned their mistakes and took jobs that helped rebuild their credibility. Hell, even Urban Meyer is an in-studio analyst after a WAY more public fallout than anything that happened to us. Scott has a young kid at home and he's basically just created a multi-generation retirement plan happen. Does he even have the motivation to get back after it like those other guys do? I don't believe he does.

To be fair, he never said that SF improved anything. What he said was that SF didn't leave the program in any worse place than when he arrived. In other words, it was essentially a wash.
Actually I think Frost did a lot worse. Wins and losses may have been close enough between the two a person could say they were about the same. But Frost didn't have an AD butting in and making things harder, Frost got anything he wanted and still couldn't make things better.

This thread is just... wow. The personal attacks on him and his family should be beneath us. He failed as a coach, the program is worse than how he found it, and we're digging out of a massive hole because he neglected his job. I don't think we need yet another deep dive into the rumors and whispers of off-the-field to indict him further.

I would guess he needs at least a year off before getting into anything but I also, sincerely, question his internal drive to try again. The way he left and how he's all but disappeared from the CFB world indicates someone who wants to escape rather than embrace the failure. Sark, Kiffin, Petrino, etc., for all their faults, owned their mistakes and took jobs that helped rebuild their credibility. Hell, even Urban Meyer is an in-studio analyst after a WAY more public fallout than anything that happened to us. Scott has a young kid at home and he's basically just created a multi-generation retirement plan happen. Does he even have the motivation to get back after it like those other guys do? I don't believe he does.

I agree he is gone

Folks need to let it go

This one has run its course and then some

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back