• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any updates to cable providers restoring BTN service to non Big 10 states?

It’s not perfect, but it’s better than rabbit ears. I was paying $280 a month to Cox (I had movie channels) and was only watching Netflix. I realized I never watched much live tv other than football.

$280 ?? Whoa !! :eek:

I got Dish network; 3 years subscriber and counting ..... so far no complaints. Basic package including 6-channels BTN HD and NetFlix channel (no need Roku box). My daughter wants HBO/Cinemax package. Total bill including HBO/Cinemax, $84 per month including fees and taxes.

Me too, mostly Netflix and sometimes ESPN families, HGTV, History Channel and Discovery. I never watched CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox except CFB telecasts.

Last edited:

Hulu's salesman ?? ;)

I tried Hulu, YouTubeTV and Sling ...... all kinda sucks. Sometimes frozen or blurry screen or both (switched to SD instead of HD ??). Especially prime time hours.

I had PS Vue for the past couple of years and generally liked it, although I did experience some freezing/stuttering at times because my Fire stick was connected to the Internet via wifi. I've moved to Hulu this year because I can watch using a wired connection from my XBox. Wired is always better than wifi, particularly for live sports. I do wish there was a way to better sync the Huskers radio broadcast with the TV feed though.

Anybody know if Davison will continue as the analyst or has he given up that job now that he's an associate AD?

:nod:Not sure I could ever live east of the 100th meridian (Cozad) again. Really North Platte or even Ogallala just to be sure.

Ogallala is as far east as I'd go. I remember playing baseball in North Platte in the summer (I'm from Scottsbluff), and the humidity was brutal. Then going to college in Kearney State, worse, and visiting my bro's in Lincoln - insufferable.

So I'm in Florida and have always streamed BTN through the BTN2Go app using a Omaha-owned Cox account login... I'm wondering if it's still going to be viewable here or if the app recognizes my location or the location of the Cox account.

Thoughts?
You should be fine. The purpose of the service is to be able to watch programming when you're not at home. Just don't tellCox what you're doing.

I probably will not subscribe to BTN. With NU probably only playing 2-3 games that are shown on BTN, [Troy is the first], it's not worth it to me here in South Carolina. I can listen to the game on the radio or go to a watch sight somewhere in the state if I really need to.

You could also sign up for free trial periods with YouTube and PlayStation to watch games. I think they offer 30 day trials.

I have Verizon Fios they have a package with the BIG network just installed 65" 4k tv on the mancave wall so I'm all set for the season:thumbsup:

I had PS Vue for the past couple of years and generally liked it, although I did experience some freezing/stuttering at times because my Fire stick was connected to the Internet via wifi. I've moved to Hulu this year because I can watch using a wired connection from my XBox. Wired is always better than wifi, particularly for live sports. I do wish there was a way to better sync the Huskers radio broadcast with the TV feed though.

Anybody know if Davison will continue as the analyst or has he given up that job now that he's an associate AD?

There is a thread on this but he will do color but no pre or post game

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back