• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any idea why Rick Kaczenski called Tom Allen a clown?

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
1668567602400.gif

“Here’s what I don’t like about the guy. The guy likes running out of a tunnel. I don’t like coaches that like running out of tunnels. … Nobody’s there to see me run out the tunnel, OK? I don’t know. This guy’s a frickin’ cheerleader. He’s just not my cup of tea. You can’t lose to that clown. You want some motivation? Put a highlight reel together of that guy. You can’t lose to Indiana.”

Maybe he thinks he is a clown.
I had a lot more problems with Allen when IN pulled all the FAKE injury crap when Nebraska was running hurry up offense. It was obvious what was going on but there's really nothing the opposing coach can do about it. It's simply a very unsportsmanlike tactic but guess it's ok for Allen teams to use it.

Last edited:
I had a lot more problems with Allen when IN pulled all the FAKE injury crap when Nebraska was running hurry up offense. It was obvious what was going on but there's really nothing the opposing coach can do about it. It's simply a very unsportsmanlike tactic but guess it's ok for Allen teams to use it.
If every coach that used that tactic was a clown then most stadiums would be Barnum and Baileys. I hate that tactic also but so many use it.

If every coach that used that tactic was a clown then most stadiums would be Barnum and Baileys. I hate that tactic also but so many use it.
Might was well give unlimited time outs which is really what they are doing with that crap. I'd like to see a rule change where the so called injured player has to sit out more than a single play!!! I know then the coach would just send in SUBS that had to fake injuries... lol...

Might was well give unlimited time outs which is really what they are doing with that crap. I'd like to see a rule change where the so called injured player has to sit out more than a single play!!! I know then the coach would just send in SUBS that had to fake injuries... lol...
I had this exact conversation. In the NFL when someone gets hurt under 2 minutes a TO or 10-sec runoff is required. Why not just say that guy is out for the rest of the game. If you’re hurt you probably shouldn’t come back in for the rest of the game anyway.
I’m all for a 2-min minor injury and 5-min major injury rule like hockey.
Also if they put in backups for a play to fake injuries it’s going to show up.

I had this exact conversation. In the NFL when someone gets hurt under 2 minutes a TO or 10-sec runoff is required. Why not just say that guy is out for the rest of the game. If you’re hurt you probably shouldn’t come back in for the rest of the game anyway.
Yea those would be some excellent idea to stop this BS!!! Lots of different ways to handle this which is pretty close to cheating imo. Why should a team that's in great physical shape and can run plays extremely fast get penalized by a team using FAKE injuries to slow things down? Everytime I see a team pulling that crap I really get annoyed because it soon becomes very obvious imo.

It really doesn't need to be anything more than they have to sit out the rest of that series. It could be 2 plays 10 plays or whatever.

Because Tom asked what they call those people in circuses that have the big red shoes and stuff themselves into Volkswagens? No?

Yea those would be some excellent idea to stop this BS!!! Lots of different ways to handle this which is pretty close to cheating imo. Why should a team that's in great physical shape and can run plays extremely fast get penalized by a team using FAKE injuries to slow thing me almosts down? Everytime I see a team pulling that crap I really get annoyed because it soon becomes very obvious imo.
Annoys me almost as much as pushing the runner from behind.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back