• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any clock collectors on HMax?

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
Just curious. I've got several mechanical tickers around my house, and just bought 1800s cuckoo clock for my wife for Christmas. I bought it on eBay from a guy in England so it's been taking some time to get here. I figure it will need to go to the clock shop here when I get it to get it tuned up.

Not a collector per se but have ended up with a few over the years. Cuckoo clock from Germany back in 1973 and a wall clock the wife gave me in 1984, Westminster chimes. Our cats make running the cuckoo clock a real challenge. Also a couple of antique mantle clocks but no clock shops near by so they are right only twice a day.

Not a collector per se but have ended up with a few over the years. Cuckoo clock from Germany back in 1973 and a wall clock the wife gave me in 1984, Westminster chimes. Our cats make running the cuckoo clock a real challenge. Also a couple of antique mantle clocks but no clock shops near by so they are right only twice a day.

Do the cats not like the birdy that pops out ?

Just curious. I've got several mechanical tickers around my house, and just bought 1800s cuckoo clock for my wife for Christmas. I bought it on eBay from a guy in England so it's been taking some time to get here. I figure it will need to go to the clock shop here when I get it to get it tuned up.
Inadvertently. I have a couple of old plug-ins that are the large-face clocks you'd see in a school hallway.

I also have a Marathon desk clock that I found for cheap while I was researching the Marathon watches. I'm keeping an eye on a 4-zone wall clock and a Muslim prayer clock. The 4-zone has that military look too it, but they want $300 for it right now, and I'm not THAT interested in it. $100? Sure. $50? I'll pick it up today.

The Muslim prayer clock is interesting because it has the current time, plus the reminders for prayer, events, whatever, and you can adjust every time/setting/alarm on there. It's kinda cool, but again, they want $80 for it. If they'll take $20, I'm in.

No cuckoo clocks to speak of, and no Doc Brown-like obsession for them, but I do think clocks can be kinda cool. I wouldn't mind a cuckoo clock, kinda wish I got my grandma's when she died. It was from Switzerland, I think it was a gift from my godparents to her, while they (godparents) were stationed in that area for the military.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back