• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Another Kicker

LSU grad transfer:

I was just reading the story on Omaha.com and had to come over here to see what was being said. Pretty promising developments with kickers this week. The kid, Connor Culp, will be a walk on pursuing his graduate degree. Definitely doesn't hurt having more guys in the room. We've added 5 kickers this off season.

Crazy turnover at the PK position. Five kickers who made at least one kick last year are no longer kicking for us, and we have brought in 3 or 4 new PKs. As long as someone can reliably make PATs and FGs and get most kickoffs to the end zone, then all is well.

Last year was a disaster, though at the end of the season I thought Waldron looked really good. Small sample size, but I think he made every kick. His kicks had good height and were mostly right down the middle. I was surprised and dissapointed to hear that Waldron isn't returning this season.

Crazy turnover at the PK position. Five kickers who made at least one kick last year are no longer kicking for us, and we have brought in 3 or 4 new PKs. As long as someone can reliably make PATs and FGs and get most kickoffs to the end zone, then all is well.

Last year was a disaster, though at the end of the season I thought Waldron looked really good. Small sample size, but I think he made every kick. His kicks had good height and were mostly right down the middle. I was surprised and dissapointed to hear that Waldron isn't returning this season.
There should be some healthy competition and depth finally. Between the kid from Iowa Western and now this kid from LSU, I'm feeling much more encouraged about the PK position.

We are serious about updating special teams going into next year. Welcome Connor!! Best of luck to you in the kicking competition!

Loving it loving it, we have the situation that exists now, last year? I'm convinced we're no worse than 7 wins and a bowl. If you don't believe me then you're just an oklahmoa fan

and I don't like them.

Last edited:

There's a kid I really like out here in Colorado, saw him boom kickoffs against our local HS team two years ago as a sophomore. Good athlete, big, strong, is a starting WR too, so I checked what his results were from kicking camps, wow, there are a lot of kickers out there! Anyhow, there were many kickers more reliable than him at the camp for 2021 recruits.

So I'm glad the Huskers have brought in more kickers, a guy like the one I like would be a great walk-on for kickoffs if he was in-state, maybe developing into a solid kicker, but the Huskers have to get back to having great kickers.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back