• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Another #1 Bites the Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

herro.jpg

SEC vs SEC.... again.

Hope that's a long slow kiss and they break the longest consecutive losing streak at any level.

Did I mention I hate ND. :Biggrin:

Even if ND takes a fall I don't think we'll see a SEC vs SEC battle.

#2 Alabama & #3 Georgia have to play their in state rivals this weekend which neither should have a problem with then most likely playing each other in the CCG. one of which is bound to drop out the top 5.

#4 Florida, IMO, will loose to #10 FSU. Game is on the road, and FSU wants to prove critics wrong. They have stressed they feel disrespected by only moving up spots from 12 to 10 after getting their only loss back on Oct 6.

#5 Oregon plays #15 Oregon St a win can push them up one or back into the top 1-2 if they can get to the CCG and win (they would have to hope UCLA can give an upset to Stanford to play in the CCG)

#6 Kansas St plays # 16 Texas (no CCG for them) a win can push them up one

I'm hoping it goes down just like that. Great things happen in this scenario.

-Alabama has a chance at loosing to Georgia (I don't mind Georgia)
-Notre Dame could be back in the Rose Bowl picture
-Oregon has a chance to beat an SEC team again. Chip Kelly deserves one.....He's been so close for like 4 seasons now.
-Florida St over the Gators always makes me smile. I've felt that way since Charlie Ward had his pads on.

#2 Alabama & #3 Georgia have to play their in state rivals this weekend which neither should have a problem with then most likely playing each other in the CCG. one of which is bound to drop out the top 5.

#4 Florida, IMO, will loose to #10 FSU. Game is on the road, and FSU wants to prove critics wrong. They have stressed they feel disrespected by only moving up spots from 12 to 10 after getting their only loss back on Oct 6.

#5 Oregon plays #15 Oregon St a win can push them up one or back into the top 1-2 if they can get to the CCG and win (they would have to hope UCLA can give an upset to Stanford to play in the CCG)

#6 Kansas St plays # 16 Texas (no CCG for them) a win can push them up one

I'm hoping it goes down just like that. Great things happen in this scenario.

-Alabama has a chance at loosing to Georgia (I don't mind Georgia)
-Notre Dame could be back in the Rose Bowl picture
-Oregon has a chance to beat an SEC team again. Chip Kelly deserves one.....He's been so close for like 4 seasons now.
-Florida St over the Gators always makes me smile. I've felt that way since Charlie Ward had his pads on.

I think Notre Dame rolls since Barkley is out, and I hate to say this, but I m rooting for Bevo to roll the kittens, just can't stand their fans...

Didn't want to quote your whole post, but I agree. No way there is a SEC/SEC title game this, even if Oregon doesn't play in the Pac-12 title game. There would be way too much negative press against the BCS if it were a 'Bama/Georgia vs. Florida National title game. With a win over Oregon St., the Ducks would jump the SEC team ranked #2 based on the public's outcry. Also, does Florida even deserve a chance to play for the MNC? Have you seen their scores lately? That's about as bad of a 1-loss team as it gets.

Didn't want to quote your whole post, but I agree. No way there is a SEC/SEC title game this, even if Oregon doesn't play in the Pac-12 title game. There would be way too much negative press against the BCS if it were a 'Bama/Georgia vs. Florida National title game. With a win over Oregon St., the Ducks would jump the SEC team ranked #2 based on the public's outcry. Also, does Florida even deserve a chance to play for the MNC? Have you seen their scores lately? That's about as bad of a 1-loss team as it gets.

Florida's about as bad a one loss team on offense for sure, but they have a defense that's good enough for them to be a one loss team, in the SEC no less. That's not a bad place to start building your foundation as a second year head coach.

The thing people are forgetting, if Stanford wins this weekend, they, not Oregon represent the North in the PAC 12 championship game. In that case Oregon will not play for a championship. They will be an at large BCS bowl team. Plus they still have to win the civil war game.

I think K-State loses to Texas.

Georgia is out if they don't win the SEC.

Florida must win this weekend and if they do they could be sitting at third after championship week.

It all hinges on Notre Dame.

The thing people are forgetting, if Stanford wins this weekend, they, not Oregon represent the North in the PAC 12 championship game. In that case Oregon will not play for a championship.

Who could ever imagine a team not making their conference championship game and still playing for the title? Sounds like witchcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back