• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ameer Abdullah-Revisited Season's End

How many yards will Ameer rack up this year

• 800+

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 900+

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 1000+

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 1100+

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • 1200+

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • 1300+

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • 1400+

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FCHusker

#1 Husker Fan
15 Year Member
How many rushing yards do you see him getting this year?? Hopefully he stays healthy as I expect big things from him this year! There is no real need to put him on special teams no matter how dynamic he can be. We have enough other talent to take those duties. Even with the two "young" studs coming in, I fully expect him to expand on his 1,137 yard sophomore season. Thoughts???

Last edited:

I'll guess 1300-1500 yards if he stays healthy and gets solid back-ups (Cross, Newby & Taylor) contributing around 1,000 yards combined behind him....

I think his total yardage improves a little. However, I hope Beck 's offense is diverse enough that his yardage won't increase very much. I hope our passing yardage increases dramatically this year.

Last edited:

I think it will increase a bit. Hopefully he'll be able to focus primarily on being a running back and not have to worry about returning punts and kickoffs.

I think it will increase a bit. Hopefully he'll be able to focus primarily on being a running back and not have to worry about returning punts and kickoffs.

Agreed. I was playing NCAA Football 2014 this weekend and out of 3 punt returns, Ameer dropped 2 of them. Seemed like EA got that one right on the game this year! :lol:

RB Ameer Abdullah

It all depends on how many carries Cross, Newby, and Taylor get. Hearkening back to Helu's Senior season with both Rex and TM taking carries away from him (his carries slipped from 220 to 188), while his yardage increased by a hundred. Based on that I would expect Ameer's totals to be around 1,300 to 1,400 on the season.

I think his total yardage improves a little. However, I hope Beck 's offense is diverse enough that his yardage won't increase very much. I hope our passing yardage increases dramatically this year.
I'm curious as to why you want passing yards to increase significantly?

I see it that he will get rested alot early on. So 1100 to 1200 or about the same as last year. If defenses are forced to respect the pass AA could go off.

I'm going with1300+, mainly because I believe that our o-line will get him into the secondary quickly, and a lot. More passing is okay too, as long as int's are low of course.

If you're just talking about rushing yards, I'd be disappointed if he doesn't go over 1300. Our schedule is much softer with the deletions of osu and Wisconsin. Plus no true backup at this point (cross has not proved it yet IMHO), I see his season going much like rex's junior year.

Final prediction: 263 attempts 1397 rushing yards

I'll tell you what, I've been watching some of the 2012 games, and Abdullah has one hell of an initial burst. He also has the ability to make some sick cuts in the open field. One thing I noticed was that he seemed to lose some of that pop towards the end of the season, but had it going again in the bowl game. He had only 7 carries, but he was able to gain some decent chunks on many of those carries. Of course, his crucial fumble in the second half was disappointing, but his 26-yard run just a few minutes earlier was a thing of beauty.

Unfortunately, Abdullah didn't get another carry after that third quarter fumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back