• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ameer Abdullah: Motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like ColoREDo and Red Reign, I believe AA is not only a totally gifted athlete, but he has pushed himself in every facet of being the highest caliber student-athlete he can be! Thanks for all you do for the University Mr. Abdullah - Husker fans are proud of you!!!

I expect a team Captain that notices his teammates screwing off to say something when he sees it, not after the game. He has been here for 4 years and has seen the same thing multiple times each year, but as a Senior and Captain he says nothing until AFTER the game? Give me a break...

The kid is a phenomenal talent and I hope he wins the Heisman, but he isn't a leader...not yet.

Ohh my... Wow, just wow.

In all fairness, I will throw you a bone here. No one is perfect. Everyone can improve. Everyone makes mistakes. AA included.

But, if you think that AA is not a leader for this team, that he doesn't show leadership skills, then your threshold for attaining leadership status is simply impossible to attain. No player in the history of NU football, or college football, or the NFL, or any sport on the planet, no military commander, coach, president, politician, CEO, no human being, has ever or will ever be a leader in your eyes. Basically, you should remove the word "leader" from your vocabulary because in your world that concept does not exist. It is a figment of your imagination. Tommie Frazier, Grant Wistrom, Johnny Rogers, Scott Frost, Ahman Green, Eric Crouch, Turner Gill, Mike Rozier - they all made mistakes and therefore don't meet your threshold for leadership.

In my book, AA exemplifies all that is right with college football. Being a responsible young man, leader, athlete, student, volunteer. He has his head on straight and anyone would be hard pressed to find anyone in the history of college football who could separate themselves from AA in leadership qualities.

anyone would be hard pressed to find anyone in the history of college football who could separate themselves from AA in leadership qualities.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ohh my... Wow, just wow.

In all fairness, I will throw you a bone here. No one is perfect. Everyone can improve. Everyone makes mistakes. AA included.

But, if you think that AA is not a leader for this team, that he doesn't show leadership skills, then your threshold for attaining leadership status is simply impossible to attain. No player in the history of NU football, or college football, or the NFL, or any sport on the planet, no military commander, coach, president, politician, CEO, no human being, has ever or will ever be a leader in your eyes. Basically, you should remove the word "leader" from your vocabulary because in your world that concept does not exist. It is a figment of your imagination. Tommie Frazier, Grant Wistrom, Johnny Rogers, Scott Frost, Ahman Green, Eric Crouch, Turner Gill, Mike Rozier - they all made mistakes and therefore don't meet your threshold for leadership.

In my book, AA exemplifies all that is right with college football. Being a responsible young man, leader, athlete, student, volunteer. He has his head on straight and anyone would be hard pressed to find anyone in the history of college football who could separate themselves from AA in leadership qualities.

Well said, but you left out one thing: Ameer cut his hair after his freshman year, which is probably the most important aspect of being a leader. :)

Every thing is a learning experience. Even for a Senior, even for a Captain. Nothing comes automatically. I suppose you were a poker genius from the first hand you played though.

Never heard anyone call him that except maybe himself.....;)

I find myself in agreement with a lot of things you say GFOA but this is totally out of line. Abdullah is as good of a kid as we have ever been lucky enough to watch play football and grow into a man at the University of Nebraska. No he is not perfect, but his work ethic is unquestioned by anyone who has ever been in a position to watch him prepare himself for a football game or season and that should be enough to qualify as a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back