• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ameer Abdullah: Motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoREDo

REDo posts matter!!!
10 Year Member
I wasn't sure if this was posted yet. CBS feature on AA.

[video=youtube;VzeoJbDcr5M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzeoJbDcr5M[/video]

As a Senior and Captain, I wish he would find a way to motivate his teammates. Individual awards are nice, but they are meaningless when compared to team accomplishments.

As a Senior and Captain, I wish he would find a way to motivate his teammates. Individual awards are nice, but they are meaningless when compared to team accomplishments.

There's no evidence AA places individual awards over team awards. And from all accounts, he went into the locker room after the McNeese game and told his teammates what's what.

There's no evidence AA places individual awards over team awards. And from all accounts, he went into the locker room after the McNeese game and told his teammates what's what.

You didn't think he was going to see anything positive in the clip did you?:)

I'd have thought he would have chewed out his teammates throughout the week when he noticed them slacking off, but I guess he's only been there 4 years...it takes time to learn how to lead. And, he has not had many good examples.

Last edited:
I'd have thought he would have chewed out his teammates throughout the week when he noticed them slacking off, but I guess he's only been there 4 years...it takes time to learn how to lead. And, he has not had many good examples.

Do you ever stop? Seriously, only you could find something negative to say about Ameer Abdullah.

Do you ever stop? Seriously, only you could find something negative to say about Ameer Abdullah.
I expect a team Captain that notices his teammates screwing off to say something when he sees it, not after the game. He has been here for 4 years and has seen the same thing multiple times each year, but as a Senior and Captain he says nothing until AFTER the game? Give me a break...

The kid is a phenomenal talent and I hope he wins the Heisman, but he isn't a leader...not yet.

I expect a team Captain that notices his teammates screwing off to say something when he sees it, not after the game. He has been here for 4 years and has seen the same thing multiple times each year, but as a Senior and Captain he says nothing until AFTER the game? Give me a break...

The kid is a phenomenal talent and I hope he wins the Heisman, but he isn't a leader...not yet.

Jeez, it's a good thing he doesn't have a fro.

Do you know he didn't say anything during practice before the game? Were you there? Or are you just criticizing one of our players again based on sketchy news clips and practice reports? Do you think every time players and captains do things in the privacy of the team it gets out to you? To quote you, "give me a break"....

Do you know he didn't say anything during practice before the game? Were you there? Or are you just criticizing one of our players again based on sketchy news clips and practice reports? Do you think every time players and captains do things in the privacy of the team it gets out to you? To quote you, "give me a break"....

Yes...he said so. Do you read the post game articles?

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1678368

While the Huskers were able to walk away with a 31-24 victory - due largely in part to his own individual heroics - Abdullah said his biggest fear came true on Saturday: as a senior captain, Abdullah had allowed his team to take an opponent for granted.

"You've got to respect the game," Abdullah said. "Football is a game that I love, a game that I have a lot of respect for, but our respect as a whole across the team needs to go up more. That's preparation, that's respect of the opponent, that's respect of our game plan and taking it seriously and just executing. That all goes into respect for the game for me, and I feel like our level of respect of the game this week was not good enough, and it definitely showed."That's one that as a captain, I kind of sensed that a little bit as the week went on, but I thought things would shift a little bit. I was reluctant to say something, but I promise that's the last time that will happen."

Senior cornerbackJosh Mitchell echoed Abdullah's evaluation, saying he noticed Nebraska's defense taking a bit of a light-hearted approach to practice last week. That's why Mitchell, like Abdullah, had a uneasy feeling that the Huskers might be in for a long day against the Cowboys.
Mitchell, too.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting REDo...we have been truly blessed to not only have a player of his caliber on the field but to also have a young man that we can be so proud of in the class room and they way he has represented the University of Nebraska with his leadership, humbleness and integrity....

Thanks Ameer we have been proud to watch you the past 4 years, watch you grow and get to know you as a person...the pleasure has been all ours and it goes with out saying Once A Husker Always A Husker.....look forward to rest of your journey in 2014.....:)

PoopAndFlies.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back