• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alvarez should resign

RedinIowa

All Bus Team
10 Year Member
His chairmanship of the return to play task force and focus on protecting his team. This will be outrageous if Wisconsin can not play with all of their cautionary advice to the rest of league. Just one more screw up by Barry. I hope the teams can play this weekend.

I think our reward for getting a season is a beat down by OSU and then nada. Thanks BIG.

His chairmanship of the return to play task force and focus on protecting his team. This will be outrageous if Wisconsin can not play with all of their cautionary advice to the rest of league. Just one more screw up by Barry. I hope the teams can play this weekend.
this is rediculous. Cancel mentality

The State of Wisconsin is COVID central. The City of Madison is in the top 10 of all metro areas with COVID increases.

We do not know any programs COVID rates - including our own ... so we don't know how bad it is or isn't.

It makes sense to me that Mertz has it that other QBs may have it.

I wouldn't want to live in Madison right now. I'd never leave the house. Scary for a very large segment of society to see as many cases as there are. I don't mean just us old people either. And I don't mean only scary because you might die. The non-fatalities that I know are suffering long after they are cleared.

I can't treat it as casually as so many on this board seem to do.

I wouldn't want to live in Madison right now. I'd never leave the house. Scary for a very large segment of society to see as many cases as there are. I don't mean just us old people either. And I don't mean only scary because you might die. The non-fatalities that I know are suffering long after they are cleared.

I can't treat it as casually as so many on this board seem to do.
Yeah, I think I'd choose to just carry on with life and not be scared. Hell someone could T bone ya at an intersection, you gonna quit driving from fear? Take some precautions like wearing a mask and washing your hands :Biggrin: it seem to be stopping the "Spread" right?

I soured on Alvarez when Gary Anderson left Wisconsin after a very good season. Something never looked right with how Alvarez handled that situation. Appears to be a control freak that doesn't take advice.

Last edited:
I soured on Alvarez when Gary Anderson left Wisconsin after a very good season. Something never looked right with how Alvarez handled that situation. Appears to be a control freak that doesn't take advice.

Where is Gary Anderson today? Didn't he go to Oregon State after some ex blue blood program hired the Beaver coach (and how well did that turn out?). Alvarez is an ex Nebraska guy who built a perennial bottom feeder into the Huskers of the late 70's and 80's, and kept them there after his stint as coach. I have high respect for him. Either WI is the model for what we might become again, or if we surpass them it will because we don't have the academic requirements that Anderson complained about limiting his ability to recruit the top talent.

Yeah, I think I'd choose to just carry on with life and not be scared. Hell someone could T bone ya at an intersection, you gonna quit driving from fear? Take some precautions like wearing a mask and washing your hands :Biggrin: it seem to be stopping the "Spread" right?

My wife was t-boned by a suburban on the drivers side of her Honda Accord a couple weeks ago by a lady who ran a red light because her kid was misbehaving in the backseat. She had worn her mask all day at the hospital so she would be safe.

Fortunately our car is loaded with safety features and airbags everywhere so her only injuries were from the seat belt and the airbags.

Last edited:

A great player for Nebraska and he is always publicly ”nice“ when talking about Nebraska.

However, no one should ever make the mistake that he is not TOTALLY oriented toward Wisconsin and when you think about it....he should be.

There have always been rumors about his ego, clashes with coaches (Anderson, Bielema)...And how he has always loved the limelight and is willing to jump in and coach until a “successor“ is found.

The worst thing he has done to us was endorse and recommend Eichorst as the AD. He may like the guy and thought he was doing us a favor....who knows.

Disastrous.....

I honestly think we expect way too much from him. He’s Wisconsin, we’re Nebraska.....he’s not gonna do us any favors regardless if he played here. He spent his whole life minus the four years in Lincoln...in Wisconsin. Loyalty to NU? Not much.....

Where is Gary Anderson today? Didn't he go to Oregon State after some ex blue blood program hired the Beaver coach (and how well did that turn out?). Alvarez is an ex Nebraska guy who built a perennial bottom feeder into the Huskers of the late 70's and 80's, and kept them there after his stint as coach. I have high respect for him. Either WI is the model for what we might become again, or if we surpass them it will because we don't have the academic requirements that Anderson complained about limiting his ability to recruit the top talent.
No question Alvarez brought the Nebraska model to Wisky and has made it part of their culture. But as he has aged, I just feel like he has become the lion that wants to prove he can still roar. After GA left, Alvarez chose to coach the Rose Bowl himself instead of elevating a good assistant to do the job. Seemed a little arrogant to me, I think GA was a good man and could have done well at Wisky...but he didn't want to be Barry's whipping boy. And never forget that Barry recommended Shawn Eichorst and Mike Reilly.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back