• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alternate Uniform video

This should go without saying, but of course I support the military. Enough so that I think they've been used callously and cavalierly far too often. Makes a mockery of the sacrifice these men, women, and families make. In that vein, this growing merge between sports and military "stuff" makes me queasy. My old man was in the Army. My Grandpa a marine. That type of service is beyond this kind of cheap marketing and virtue signaling. Hasn't anyone seen Private York?

Last edited:

So if these are the alt uni’s for the Buffalo game, I guess I’m a little confused. Who’s gonna be the home team on 9/11?

Actually kinda like the NU on the helmet

I'm hearing some hate for the "Surrender white". Would we prefer "commie red"?

Joking aside, in general I don't like white at home, but I do like these jerseys. Simple clean look, I like the "script" font for the numbers, and the NU on the helmet looks good.

Not the best of the alternates, but a solid 6.5/10. We'll all forget about it in a year just like all the others.

If they wanted to pay homage to 9/11 and the WTC bombing, all they needed to do was bring back the Twin Towers that are normally on our pant stripes.

GYI0061720151.jpg

Instead of the Adrian yoga pants...
images

I honestly hate the stripeless pants more than I hated the 2003 uniforms.
Jammal-Lord-run-vs-McNeese-State-2002-football.jpg

Last edited:
With the numbers font and the NU on the helmets, they are obviously going for the mid to late 60's look. But white camouflage? Are they expecting snow on September 11th? :Confused:

Sorry to be picky here...

I really like the video, but just as our team lacks attention to detail so too do the producers of that video. What's up with the ending just stopping at 2:36?! No climatic ending... no dramatic affect?! Not even a simple fade to black??

I have to think that the actual producers of the video have a version that at least fades the audio with the video fading to black. Although a more climatic, solid ending would be expected with a production of that nature.

Oh well, focusing on details is apparently something that is needed beyond the football team.

The uniforms are okay with me.

:Sign2cents:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back