• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All Hail the King!

The 87' game I was laying in the ER having 3 arteries and nerve damage repair at Offutt Air Force base. They brought a radio in so I could listen to the game.

Nebraska is 1-5 against the SEC this century.

Anyhow, the SEC is king.

Six of the last eight national champs are SEC (the other two belonging to Clemson).

And unfortunately, the Big Ten teams to play the SEC in recent playoffs have been dominated. Bama 52-24 over Ohio State in 2021 and Georgia over Michigan 34-11 in 2022.

I'm not interested in bragging rights from a quarter century or more ago. That sounds like Dallas Cowboys fans.

Last edited:

Nebraska is 1-5 against the SEC this century.

Anyhow, the SEC is king.

Six of the last eight national champs are SEC (the other two belonging to Clemson).

And unfortunately, the Big Ten teams to play the SEC in recent playoffs have been dominated. Bama 52-24 over Ohio State in 2021 and Georgia over Michigan 34-11 in 2022.

I'm not interested in bragging rights from a quarter century or more ago. That sounds like Dallas Cowboys fans.
Bragging rights = a temporary position of ascendancy in a closely contested rivalry

Nebraska over the SEC is NOT a closely contested rivalry

The 87' game I was laying in the ER having 3 arteries and nerve damage repair at Offutt Air Force base. They brought a radio in so I could listen to the game.
The Colonel across the street was the hospital administrator there for several years. Had a great time in Bellevue with all the AF kids.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back