• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alabama White Sauce

Husker USMC

Recruit
2 Year Member
So this weekend I cooked some chicken on the grill low and slow for about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. Made my own Alabama White Sauce using a variation of recipes that sounded interesting. Turned out so good I'm going to try it again. Anyone have a recipe for the sauce they are willing to share?

Last edited:

So this weekend I cooked some chicken on the grill low and slow for about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. Made my own Alabama White Sauce using a variation of recipes that sounded interesting. Turned out so good I'm going to try it again. Anyone have a recipe for the sauce they are willing to share?
I had Alabama white sauce once and not a fan. I find it fascinating that were you live mainly drives the taste buds especially with BBQ. I would suspect you live in the South East.

I had Alabama white sauce once and not a fan. I find it fascinating that were you live mainly drives the taste buds especially with BBQ. I would suspect you live in the South East.
I wish, I'm in Wisconsin. I was stationed in New Orleans for 4 years during just prior to Katrina. My Mom's side is from the southeast so that is the food I grew up with.

Here is the recipe I used:

1 Cup Mayo (Not the fake stuff)
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbls Brown Sugar
1 Tbls Brown Mustard
1 Tbls White Sugar
1/2 Tbls Hot Sauce
1 tsp Lemon Juice'
1 tsp Ground Horseradish
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper

2 Tbls Brown Sugar
1 Tbls Brown Mustard
1 Tbls White Sugar
1/2 Tbls Hot Sauce
1 tsp Lemon Juice'
1 tsp Ground Horseradish
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper

I love spicy. I might have to try that. I've lived in Texas and KC and I prefer spicy over sweet sauces.

2 Tbls Brown Sugar
1 Tbls Brown Mustard
1 Tbls White Sugar
1/2 Tbls Hot Sauce
1 tsp Lemon Juice'
1 tsp Ground Horseradish
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
I may have to try this one. I have not been a fan of it because it seemed to lack the kick I prefer. I smoke a lot of meats and my preference is "no preference. I do Texas, KC, Memphis, North Carolina, and all of them with a bit of Cajun spice. I love them all so depending on my mood when I smoke meats, poultry, or seafood, I will use whatever hits me at the time. From vinegar to spicy and sweet, I do them all. I am a purist when it comes to smoking, I only use hard woods.

The recipe above I will probably kick up with more hot sauce and horseradish, since I enjoy a good kick, not painful, just a bit more heat.

I may have to try this one. I have not been a fan of it because it seemed to lack the kick I prefer. I smoke a lot of meats and my preference is "no preference. I do Texas, KC, Memphis, North Carolina, and all of them with a bit of Cajun spice. I love them all so depending on my mood when I smoke meats, poultry, or seafood, I will use whatever hits me at the time. From vinegar to spicy and sweet, I do them all. I am a purist when it comes to smoking, I only use hard woods.

The recipe above I will probably kick up with more hot sauce and horseradish, since I enjoy a good kick, not painful, just a bit more heat.
I'm like you when it comes to traditional BBQ. I prefer more of a kick but with kids and such I try to keep it on milder side. I have a couple different sauce recipes I use quite a bit. Eastern Carolina vinegar sauce, a South Carolina mustard sauce, a bourbon based sauce and one made with strong darkroast coffee.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back