• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alabama offers 8th grader a scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan Moses, an 8th grade RB/LB has reportedly been offered by Alabama today. Even more, he was offered by LSU LAST summer, as a 7th grader. He is already 6'1" 215 lbs... I personally have no problem with this, and think unfortunately, this is going to become more and more common in recruiting... What are your guys' thoughts on this? Have problems with it?

slim balls come to mind... this is not how it was intended to happen with recruiting... Jr year should be the very first year this should be allowed... or if these clowns want to offer a scholorship now they should have to stick by it even if this kids quits football before he steps on campus.

Jealousy will get you nowhere pal...Alabama is the most dominant team in college football history and they have the greatest two coaches that ever lived... Bear and Nick so get over it. We could not beat Alabamas scout team..sad but true

:thumbsdown:

Isn't it a NCAA violation to offer anything until they have completed their sophomore year?

Jealousy will get you nowhere pal...Alabama is the most dominant team in college football history and they have the greatest two coaches that ever lived... Bear and Nick so get over it. We could not beat Alabamas scout team..sad but true

Not jealous at all. When you play by different rules than everyone else, it makes it much easier.
Also, was Nick Saban the greatest coach ever when he was winning 6 or 7 games a year ?

Not jealous at all. When you play by different rules than everyone else, it makes it much easier.
Also, was Nick Saban the greatest coach ever when he was winning 6 or 7 games a year ?

No kidding, lets hope some of our fans give Bo time to become great. GBR

Although I don't disagree with much of the scathing comments about Bama offering this kid, do you feel differently now that we just offered the exact same 8th grader?

http://247sports.com/Player/Dylan-Moses-22587

I think it's a bit silly to offer this far out...too many things could happen in four years - his development could peak in the 9th grade, he could have academic issues (maybe not a factor going to the SEC) or he might decide he prefers golf or tennis. :) At the same time he seems like a man among boys and he may very well end up being a real load.

As far as NU offering I don't really have a problem. They have to stay competitive and this in one way to at least get into the kid's (and his parents) thinking and consideration. Just another indication of the increased aggressiveness of this staff in recruiting. Got to remember the "offer" is nonbinding.

I think it's ridiculous to offer a kid that young. He has the body of a man, and he looks like a man among boys, because he IS.

In four years, he may just be average RB. When everyone else catches up. It makes me wish these offers WERE binding. I'd love for a University, that does questionable things like this on the recruiting trail, to be forced to carry this kid on scholarship, for FOUR years, while being unable to get someone on scholarship, who was a "Normal" bloomer.

In the SEC, this is obviously not a problem. I'm sure they have no problem with dropping the scholarship offer on signing day, or pulling the offer in his first or second year.

As for DONU offering, I vehemently disagree with that, as well. I guess if we want to be on this kid's radar, it's a necessary evil. But there is no telling where this kid will be in 3-4 years, in relation to his peers. I'm going to guess he may already nearly done growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back