• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alabama offers 8th grader a scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

FtOmaHusker

Recruit
2 Year Member
Dylan Moses, an 8th grade RB/LB has reportedly been offered by Alabama today. Even more, he was offered by LSU LAST summer, as a 7th grader. He is already 6'1" 215 lbs... I personally have no problem with this, and think unfortunately, this is going to become more and more common in recruiting... What are your guys' thoughts on this? Have problems with it?

I have a huge problem with it....he is a 14 year old kid....

Dylan Moses, an 8th grade RB/LB has reportedly been offered by Alabama today. Even more, he was offered by LSU LAST summer, as a 7th grader. He is already 6'1" 215 lbs... I personally have no problem with this, and think unfortunately, this is going to become more and more common in recruiting... What are your guys' thoughts on this? Have problems with it?

Is it a commitable offer? If he accepts it, is the school obliged to honor it?

Obviously the young man is quite athletically gifted at his yong age. If he continues to develop and becomes a great prospect you've already got your foot in the door. If he doesn't and he's not worthy of an offer when he's a SR. it's not like you have to honor it.

Last edited:
don't worry, alabama will pull the offer once he gets into 10th grade to make room for the next up and coming 12 year old.

I would guess an "Early" signing period would put the Kibosh on the 8th grade offers.....then again...how early would it have to be?!! It's a nonbinding offer meant to put Alabama a the top of the line when the kid is old enough.

Seems silly to me, but I am worried that no one from DONU is in on this guy. We are running out of time here......he'll be in 9th grade in a few months and he won't even have a visit scheduled.....once again, Husker recruiting drops the ball!!!! ;) :Biggrin:

don't worry, alabama will pull the offer once he gets into 10th grade to make room for the next up and coming 12 year old.

Jealousy will get you nowhere pal...Alabama is the most dominant team in college football history and they have the greatest two coaches that ever lived... Bear and Nick so get over it. We could not beat Alabamas scout team..sad but true

Jealousy will get you nowhere pal...Alabama is the most dominant team in college football history and they have the greatest two coaches that ever lived... Bear and Nick so get over it. We could not beat Alabamas scout team..sad but true

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back