• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alabama AD with a message

I wear a mask, it's a small price to pay for keeping our economy and society open. But I do understand the feeling that this 'crisis' is not as critical as the authorities have said. In my small county we have had only 5 deaths due to COVID-19. One of them seemed, from all public reports, an absolute stretch to attribute it to COVID-19. Thus the understandable skepticism. This skepticism will only increase. Blaming people for the spread of a virus is wrong. You cannot stop a virus from spreading.

Alabama is using an automated reporting system and it is inflating numbers beyond what should be normal or expected. Our numbers have been declining over the last four weeks. I'm not surprised that the students are acting the way they did. In spite of the numbers declining, our Governor Me Maw has extended our mandatory mask order through October 2.

I'm not opposed to wearing masks, but the data is a lot more mixed on the subject than the headlines suggest, and the reality seems to be that Covid is moving with a standard gompertz curve through areas following a roughly hope-simpson style seasonal progression whether or not people are using masks.

I'm not opposed to wearing masks, but the data is a lot more mixed on the subject than the headlines suggest, and the reality seems to be that Covid is moving with a standard gompertz curve through areas following a roughly hope-simpson style seasonal progression whether or not people are using masks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back