• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Akoy Agau

If Miles can pull this dude in, he will coach NU into relevance. This is a guy NU shouldn't get, but is the type of guy they HAVE to get.

If Miles can pull this dude in, he will coach NU into relevance. This is a guy NU shouldn't get, but is the type of guy they HAVE to get.

Good point, coach Miles would show a lot of metal to land this guy. Maybe he is planning on coming here and is just irritated that people assume so. I here that speech from my wife all the time. ;)

I was commenting on the kids attitude. Of course people were hoping he would commit and it bugged him. Whatever.

So you can judge a kids attitude based on some "retweet"? Whatever.

Maybe people assuming Biggs was pulling Akoy around by his nostrils DID bug him...and if that wasn't the case I can see why it did.

Last edited:
So you can judge a kids attitude based on some "retweet"? Whatever.

Maybe people assuming Biggs was pulling Akoy around by his nostrils DID bug him...and if that wasn't the case I can see why it did.

He definetely doesn't want to be taken for granted, that's for sure...

Little Update:

I was talking to my friends this weekend and asked how this whole situation was going. They stated he is picking up a lot of momentum with the recruiting sites, which is increasing his stock. I asked them if he was going to commit before the season (my thought process is that Nebraska is going to be awful, and he is going to see UConn, Georgetown have tournament runs most likely which won't help the uphill battle Nebraska already has)...they said they would be surprised if he committed early. He kind of likes the process, and again, doesn't want to be taken for granted. Which is understandable for a young kid.

Right now, it is apparently 1. UConn 2. Georgetown, Tennessee, Nebraska....I also brought up if they thought it would be important to bring in another big name before the season so that Akoy doesn't feel a lot of pressure being the big recruit for 2013. They said he wouldn't mind being the guy the class was built around, but a big name will help them because when he sees the other schools on his board getting in to the tournament and being a part of March Madness, and Nebraska having most likely a dismal year, it won't help.

Definetely an uphill climb, but everything you would expect for a high-profile recruit.

"my thought process is that Nebraska is going to be awful, and he is going to see UConn, Georgetown have tournament runs most likely which won't help the uphill battle Nebraska already has"

ShortSideOption I have a feeling we are going to go further this offseason than UConn ;)

"my thought process is that Nebraska is going to be awful, and he is going to see UConn, Georgetown have tournament runs most likely which won't help the uphill battle Nebraska already has"

ShortSideOption I have a feeling we are going to go further this offseason than UConn ;)

LOL - ok, you got me there...but the general principle still applies they may have a better year than us

I get what you are saying. I love Nebraska but if i was an elite bball player it would be tough to turn down big time schools. Our "glory days" ended when we canned nee.

Agau's college career will be interesting to follow. He's far from ready to step right in and be a powerhouse at the college level...much less in the Big East or Big 10. If he decides on NU he will be seen by a large contingent as a "savior"...those kinds of expectations might be a bit much. At a place like UCONN fans are probably more used to guys coming in an occasionally taking a year or two to get their legs under them. Will NU fans be disappointed if he comes in and only averages 8-9 points the first couple years? They shouldn't. I have no doubt he'll be a shot blocking machine fairly quickly...but I would imagine he'll struggle on the offensive end for a while...and may never be a 15-20 point/game guy.

Agau's college career will be interesting to follow. He's far from ready to step right in and be a powerhouse at the college level...much less in the Big East or Big 10. If he decides on NU he will be seen by a large contingent as a "savior"...those kinds of expectations might be a bit much. At a place like UCONN fans are probably more used to guys coming in an occasionally taking a year or two to get their legs under them. Will NU fans be disappointed if he comes in and only averages 8-9 points the first couple years? They shouldn't. I have no doubt he'll be a shot blocking machine fairly quickly...but I would imagine he'll struggle on the offensive end for a while...and may never be a 15-20 point/game guy.

I agree....defensively he is ready to play the 4....offensively he needs to progress a lot more to be an elite Big East or Big10 player. However, I have heard his skills offensively have improved from last summer to this summer that's why he has seen a rise in his rankings.

How is this guy any different than Matt Hill? I know you never like to see talent get away but we wouldnt have been any better off with him.

How is this guy any different than Matt Hill? I know you never like to see talent get away but we wouldnt have been any better off with him.

How do we know Matt Hill wouldn't have had an entirely different outcome had he gone to NU? We don't. He was plagued by injuries at Texas...injuries are sometimes dumb luck. Maybe he stays healthy at NU. Maybe with less competition for playing time he develops more/quicker. Just because a guy didn't do great at one place doesn't mean he wouldn't have been good elsewhere.

But like recruiting in any sport...it's inexact. Some guys that project well don't pan out and some guys who appear to be "nice" players turn into all-americans (Doug McDermott/Kyle Korver...sorry for the CU reference!). But over time if you are taking/recruiting the best possible players you are going to have the best possible talent...some hit, some miss...but you can only go with the information you have at the time.

I agree....defensively he is ready to play the 4....offensively he needs to progress a lot more to be an elite Big East or Big10 player. However, I have heard his skills offensively have improved from last summer to this summer that's why he has seen a rise in his rankings.

Not that they wouldn't, but if I was a coach recruiting him I'd keep a good relationship with him and Behrens just in case he decides the first stop isn't working out. With so many transfers these days you just never know.

I think I read somewhere that over 400 D1 players are transferring this year...maybe that's the norm but I wouldn't think so.

I heard when Matt Hill signed with Texas that he would have been a great get for the Huskers...and Texas was settling....

So it would be different in the fact that this is a better prospect than Hill...

How do we know Matt Hill wouldn't have had an entirely different outcome had he gone to NU? We don't. He was plagued by injuries at Texas...injuries are sometimes dumb luck. Maybe he stays healthy at NU. Maybe with less competition for playing time he develops more/quicker. Just because a guy didn't do great at one place doesn't mean he wouldn't have been good elsewhere.

But like recruiting in any sport...it's inexact. Some guys that project well don't pan out and some guys who appear to be "nice" players turn into all-americans (Doug McDermott/Kyle Korver...sorry for the CU reference!). But over time if you are taking/recruiting the best possible players you are going to have the best possible talent...some hit, some miss...but you can only go with the information you have at the time.

You better go somewhere with that CU reference!!! :stickouttongue:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back