• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

After last night, let's set the total at 9.5

Sofa King

Recruit
2 Year Member
I'm talking total wins for DONU hoops this year.
Whaddayagot? Over or under?
I'm taking under.
Thinking 8-24.

I'm not sure I would go over if you combined Men's football and basketball. UNL is excelling in all areas.

I think over. It looked to me that we had a bunch of athletic guys that didnt know how to play as a team yet. They will gradually get better at that and may be decent by end of the year.

I just got through watching the game and all I can say is we look slow, can't make a free throw(SURPRISE!!) can't seem to make a layup/lay in, what's a 3 pointer?

Seriously, wth is wrong with Husker men's sports? How can we suck this bad, at so many things, it's like we have turned losing into a damn art form. That was just plain ass ugly and after we led 20 -12, we got outscored the rest of the way by double, 54 - 27. WEEEEEE! Is it baseball season yet?

Is this where we post the Fire Fred messages??

JK....but i'm sure there are some thinking it.

Nothing to be sorry about! This is a new team, period! Troy is the only "old" one on the team!!

When they learn to play together........hard.......and fast......they will grow. This team has so much
to learn.

Under: 10 wins

Last edited:
TeamRankings projections, extremely small sample size (2 games).

Again, looking at the positive, 5 of the toughest are in Feb and March, which does give us a chance to mesh by then. Most of the easiest are early, so while we haven’t found ourselves at this point, at least we have opponents that create opportunities for some wins.
This season is already a let down and I don't see a whole lot of good to cheer about. But just like Frost, I am excited by Hoiberg and his potential to make us a contender in a couple of years or so. I've written this season off 2 games into it as a Flustercuck.

I dunno; if you are looking at the W/L record as your sole measure of gratification, it's bound to be disappointing, maybe for the next couple of years even. But I'm starting to regard it as an educational experience, at least from a fan's perspective.

That is: (among other things)
  • What kind of basketball are we seeing being played on the floor (say, compared to prior seasons)
  • How is it changing, not only from past seasons, but game-by-game.
  • Point Guard superior at 'seeing the floor' and dishing the ball!
  • Up-tempo pace
  • Transitions and Running the floor
  • Movement, Spacing
  • X & Os, Coaching, drawing up plays
  • Smothering 'Doc' Defense.
Rather than endlessly parroting 'Woe is Us' and 'How Bad are we' I'm looking forward to some lively discussions and analysis regarding what we are seeing this season from those having a Keen Eye for Basketball, especially those infrequent posters.

To mention some: (apologize in advance for those I may have left out :Redface:)
@NUFootballTim - one of the keenest eyes; always insightful (and entertaining)
@bilsker - resident jaysker (and Husker Fan!)
@NavyWarrant
@NUinID
@carrolltonsker
@HuskerInOkieland
@Ackos
@LarstheRed
@ColoREDo
@All 'N' 011808
@Cyberbach
@Rainbow Dash
@Ellis Boyd Redding
@HuskerWeatherman
@CrnhskrBob
@HuSkaBob
@huskermike
@NE FREAK
@TheOneders
@wheat
@Skunkman1 (now that he's re-upped)

Well, you get the idea; there're just too many to name.

(Anyone but @Middle-aged_Ball_Coach :Salute:- he's so verbose err, prolific, there wouldn't be any room for anyone else to post :Lol: (nor do I know whether he knows anything about BB ;)) (EDIT: Jus Josh'n you, of course! :Wave:) Point is, there're a lot of folks with basketball knowledge on the board that we Don't hear from often enough. :nod:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back