• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Afalava update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointing....

Really unfortunate the way the 2011 class, one of Bo's best, is turning out to be a bit snake bitten.

You can make a strong argument that their 5 best recruits from that class (Aaron Green, Tyler Moore, Bubba Starling, Todd Peat, Ryan Klachko) will never contribute at all on the field for them.

When I rated their 2011 class of recruits, I had Green (1), Moore (4), Starling (5), Peat (6) and Klachko (8).

Sure looking that way....most of these guys have been their own worst enemies....and that is a fact as we both know....

Really unfortunate the way the 2011 class, one of Bo's best, is turning out to be a bit snake bitten.

You can make a strong argument that their 5 best recruits from that class (Aaron Green, Tyler Moore, Bubba Starling, Todd Peat, Ryan Klachko) will never contribute at all on the field for them.

When I rated their 2011 class of recruits, I had Green (1), Moore (4), Starling (5), Peat (6) and Klachko (8).

Sure looking that way....most of these guys have been their own worst enemies....and that is a fact as we both know....

Very true. It really hurts their OL IMPO. Moore had the potential to be a 3+ year starter and Klachko had/has the talent to have taken over for Choi and been a 3-year starter himself.

Peat hurts, but with stud-underclassmen like Chase Rome, Vincent Valentine, Aaron Curry and Kevin Williams also in the fold at DT...its more unfortunate for the youngman than the team. Nebraska will be just fine on the DL.

Aaron Green, as I have told you before, really is too bad. I REALLY like his talent and think he would have beaten out Ameer Abdullah when Rex graduated. I like Abdullah and RB situation Nebraska has with Heard and Cross also in the mix, but I think Green is a special talent. Would have really liked to see him in the offense Beck is trying to put together. I thought Aaron Green was tailor-made for Becks vision.

Well said....

From all I am hearing Cross could be the next starter at Nebraska....has been extremely impressive thus far....

Green believed his own hype....but we have been there already....but yeah I agree on him being tailor-made....will be interesting to see how he fairs at TCU....they are laoded at RB so nothing will be given to him....

Very true. It really hurts their OL IMPO. Moore had the potential to be a 3+ year starter and Klachko had/has the talent to have taken over for Choi and been a 3-year starter himself.

Peat hurts, but with stud-underclassmen like Chase Rome, Vincent Valentine, Aaron Curry and Kevin Williams also in the fold at DT...its more unfortunate for the youngman than the team. Nebraska will be just fine on the DL.

Aaron Green, as I have told you before, really is too bad. I REALLY like his talent and think he would have beaten out Ameer Abdullah when Rex graduated. I like Abdullah and RB situation Nebraska has with Heard and Cross also in the mix, but I think Green is a special talent. Would have really liked to see him in the offense Beck is trying to put together. I thought Aaron Green was tailor-made for Becks vision.

There is still hope for Peat, in spite of what you may be hearing. Klachko was a flat out bust. We are lucky to only be out one year with him.

Green is offset, I think, by the emergence of Abdullah who had outplayed him anyway. The one that potentially hurts is Tyler Moore. Sigh.

Oh I have not given up on Peat....he is still here and as you said hope abounds....just disappointed thus far....agree on Klachko as you already know....

Agree on Green and Moore too...

There is still hope for Peat, in spite of what you may be hearing. Klachko was a flat out bust. We are lucky to only be out one year with him.

Green is offset, I think, by the emergence of Abdullah who had outplayed him anyway. The one that potentially hurts is Tyler Moore. Sigh.

What exactly is the story on Peat? I recall reading he had back issues somewhere, but it sounds like there's more to it. He was an RS last year, but now sounds like he'll be lucky to contribute this year. Is he not working as hard as the others? Just not taking it seriously? anyone know?

What exactly is the story on Peat? I recall reading he had back issues somewhere, but it sounds like there's more to it. He was an RS last year, but now sounds like he'll be lucky to contribute this year. Is he not working as hard as the others? Just not taking it seriously? anyone know?

From what Ive been hearing, combination of injury, maybe some home sickness, and the realization that going from being "the man" to having to re-earn that respect is kind of shell shocking for some young guys.

As HiO stated, still alot of hope left however...

Last edited:

Not being a Husker guy, I must have missed the news about Klachko being a bust. Had not heard anything about his progress in the Husker program (or lack thereof) during his redshirt year. Going off of what I saw from his HS tape, the kid has a LOT of talent. I know it doesnt always translate, but I had not heard of him struggling.

From what Ive been hearing, combination of injury, maybe some home sickness, and the realization that going from being "the man" to having to re-earn that respect is kind of shell shocking for some young guys.

As HiO stated, still alot of hope left however...

There has been some murmurs about his work ethic. But honestly, how do you judge the work ethic of a guy with a back injury? I've seen these types of situations play out in all kinds of different fashions. We just need to give him some time and hope that his back heals and he can get after it.

Will send you a PM....

Not being a Husker guy, I must have missed the news about Klachko being a bust. Had not heard anything about his progress in the Husker program (or lack thereof) during his redshirt year. Going off of what I saw from his HS tape, the kid has a LOT of talent. I know it doesnt always translate, but I had not heard of him struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back