• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez enters transfer portal

I think it was the best move for him. New as-of-yet-unhired Off coaches, including QB coach coming in, it's in his best interest to find a place where he's comfortable and has a better O-line.

I'm guessing he waited until new O coaches were hired but was taking too long so that factored into his decision as well. Best of luck to him.

Good riddance.
He was not a winner and it's baffling why being a nice guy makes you the starting quarterback for four years.

Yea, all those yards and records he set, behind a below average line, running for his life every play......I don't understand and never will understand posters that speak poorly about our players. If you are a fan, you stand behind the players.

Two thoughts:

1. The fans ran him off, but many of his errors were self-inflicted, and he didn't have the mental discipline to improve his turnover problem. Both things bother me because he is ultra talented.

2. This almost guarantees a transfer QB, and whoever that is will likely reflect whatever new system we bring in. I think it's going to be the triple option--either spread like Coastal Carolina or something more like Army. I'd prefer Army, but you have to bring a QB with you for Army. I think Smothers can run CC's system well. Not sure he has the body for a traditional triple option offense.

If we go "multiple" again or plan for an air out passing attack and bring in some pro system that everyone else is using, we're screwed on the recruiting front and on the field. We need a rushing offense if we want any prayer of having future success.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back