• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Additional recruiting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
There has been a lot of talk about "what MR has at NE that he did not have at OSU. Besides the obvious facilities. I think we are starting to see some real difference in some of the coaches. Coach Williams is provig to be an incredible coach AND recruiter. He had Coach Bray but he seems to have really come alive since getting to NE. Coach Stewart is also proving to be a great recruiter. Hopefully JP will do the same.

It reminds me of an old saying in Military strategy. You can have all the High tech you want(facilities) but eventually you need to have boots on the ground (Recruiters, coaches, players).

I have said it for a while, but I am a huge proponent of Nebraska expanding their recruiting staff. I think they should have newly hired Billy Devaney come up with at least five more guys who he knows from his time in the NFL. Guys with a proven track record for scouting and projecting talent. NFL scouts typically make around $75-95k a year. That is less than what Dan Van De Riet, Andy Vaughn and Ryan Gunderson make. It is also right about what someone like assistant director of football operations Hilary O'Bryan makes. IMO it would be a GREAT move for Nebraska to beef up the staff. Get more guys in there who can evaluate recruiting tape and help to identify guys who need to be offered and help prioritize your board. I know Nebraska is already out-spending the rest of the conference with their recruiting budget, but they need to continue to forge forward. They have the money to spend, put it to use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back