• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AD Dannen updates the future of the Memorial Stadium project

Even if the margin on booze was 50%, an $8 beer would net, $4, setting aside $2.

To raise $500 million, they would have to sell 250 million beers.

That’s 4,464,285 beers per game over a 7 year period; or 49 beers per fan (assuming 90,000 fans) per game. Each fan would be spending $392 on beer per game.

I mean, I’m up for a challenge, but…..
I don't disagree with your overall point, but I think margins are closer to 90% than 50%. I can only speak from past experience when I bartended at Carlo's O'Kelly's (are they still around?). But the margarita costs were 13% on the high side. I would think markup in a stadium is roughly the same.

zero chance they build new stadium, they just built the new student experience building that attached to the stadium. you dont spend 150 mill and then tear it down 5 yrs later.

but for giggles, lets say they do build one. baseball/softball is already talked about needing an update. those move over to innovation campus area freeing up that plot of land to build a new stadium and and its a bigger plot then what you have now.

what would be interesting is if they could eminent domain the north bottoms, move sports from the south of the railroad tracks to the north, then use the freed up space on the south sided to build a hospital for unmc. hello AAU its good to see you again..... but again, unmc is expanding majorly in omaha, so that aint happening either.......
Sure why not on the bottoms but the $2.2b UNMC is trying to raise/spend in Omaha means no way do they divert $$ to Lincoln. UNMC, Memorial Stadium, Gold, Trev and all the things that happened are connected is the speculation I’ve heard.

Even if the margin on booze was 50%, an $8 beer would net, $4, setting aside $2.

To raise $500 million, they would have to sell 250 million beers.

That’s 4,464,285 beers per game over a 7 year period; or 49 beers per fan (assuming 90,000 fans) per game. Each fan would be spending $392 on beer per game.

I mean, I’m up for a challenge, but…..
No financial analysis is ever complete without beer math. Well done.

:Facepalm:

images%2FvoltaxMediaLibrary%2Fmmsport%2Fall_huskers%2F01hzsvagggs1za8e5wtz.jpg

Since all of our games are broadcasted, couldn't they do Digital ads like they do on Baseball. Then it doesn't impact the game day experience nearly as bad. Perhaps the university wouldn't get the revenue from that. :(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back