• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Absolutely awesome !!

Taylor Kanost is the AMS certified morning meteorologist for Local 5. The past few years have taken Taylor all over the place, but his roots are in the Midwest. Taylor was born and raised in Lincoln, NE, and earned his degree in Meteorology and Climatology from the University of Nebraska in 2012.

Taylor Kanost is the AMS certified morning meteorologist for Local 5. The past few years have taken Taylor all over the place, but his roots are in the Midwest. Taylor was born and raised in Lincoln, NE, and earned his degree in Meteorology and Climatology from the University of Nebraska in 2012.
So what you are saying is, is that he is the "REAL" weatherman. :O O:;):Biggrin:

Last edited:
I know you're just joking, but for anyone who doesnt know, our resident HuskerWeatherman who does our game day forecasts is indeed a real weatherman also. Pretty sure he does it for a very large company with weather-related financial exposure so they can quickly manage their bottom line risk.

I haven't actually met him so for all I know he may have a "face for radio" as they say, so wouldn't be on tv perhaps. But when big companies like his hire those guys they pay for top notch accuracy because big money is at risk.

So he knows his stuff about weather. Everything else he's just a schmuck like the rest of us.

All that said I saw this clip earlier and think it's fantastic. Taylor Kanost is the man!

Last edited:
I know you're just joking, but for anyone who doesnt know, our resident HuskerWeatherman who does our game day forecasts is indeed a real weatherman also. Pretty sure he does it for a very large company with weather-related financial exposure so they can quickly manage their bottom line risk. I haven't actually met him so for all I know he may have a "face for radio" as they say, so wouldn't be on tv perhaps. But when big companies like his hire those guys they pay for top notch accuracy because big money is at risk.

So he knows his stuff about weather. Everything else he's just a schmuck like the rest of us.

All that said I saw this clip earlier and think it's fantastic. Taylor Kanost is the man!

Never met him in person but HWM is the best prognosticator “I know.” Pretty much spot on.
Kind of crazy actually...

But when big companies like his hire those guys they pay for top notch accuracy because big money is at risk.
What risk? Have you ever seen a weatherman or news agency held accountable for their weather prediction? There are a lot of jobs, careers and business's that face risk. Not sure this is in the top 75%

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back