• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A couple observaions

NavyWarrant

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
Watched the Northwestern game on DVR and the Indiana game. Some stretches of good play and some stretches of head scratching play. A few things I noticed:

1. Inability to set a screen:banghead: When the Huskers set a screen, they try to bail out of it too quickly. It appears the person setting the screen is eager to try and get open off the screen and roll. Stand there and let the ball handler scrape his defender!

2. Not enough focus on getting the ball down on the block or the high post. I understand we aren't dominate inside, but it will open things up on the outside. Getting Shields the ball at the high post would give him a better opportunity to drive without the entire defense collapsing on him.

3. We have talent. We have done well in the first half, but seem to run out of gas down the stretch. I don't believe the guys are out of shape, just so many young guys that are very thin. The game takes a toll and the players just wear down. I don't think there is an answer for this issue this year, but another year of development and growth will go a long ways for the freshman.

4. Rebounding positioning is horrible. I feel this is a side effect of AAU ball where guys were able to "out athlete" the other guy. The other thing that will help, especially in the zone, is keeping your hands up. When a shot goes up, you need to feel the opponent to get your butt against them. Struggles on the glass increased late in the games, another indication of guys needing to bulk up.

5. Parker has really worked on his shooting and knows when to take the shot! Very happy with his game this year.

6. White is a gamer! He gives full effort and seems to know how to rebound and attack the ball.

The team doesn't quit and there seems to be better chemistry. If they tighten up some of the fundamentals, they would have a better shot at winning.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back