• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A bit of a disturbing trend.

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
This is a very young team and I am sure HCJC is already addressing this issue. It concerns me that in all three matches this weekend. We came out flat in the second set. That will not fly in B1G season. Minny, PSU and a few others will squash us if the team lets them in like that.

On the bright side Harper Murray is looking like Jordan Larson did as a freshman.

This is a very young team and I am sure HCJC is already addressing this issue. It concerns me that in all three matches this weekend. We came out flat in the second set. That will not fly in B1G season. Minny, PSU and a few others will squash us if the team lets them in like that.

On the bright side Harper Murray is looking like Jordan Larson did as a freshman.
It disturbs me that our outside hitters not named Murray are struggling to terminate. Krause and Batenhorst looked fairly mediocre all weekend, and Beason gets blocked at an alarming rate. I'm surprised we didn't see more of Kubik and Jurevicius, just to see if they could do any better.

It disturbs me that our outside hitters not named Murray are struggling to terminate. Krause and Batenhorst looked fairly mediocre all weekend, and Beason gets blocked at an alarming rate. I'm surprised we didn't see more of Kubik and Jurevicius, just to see if they could do any better.
Agree (maybe trying too hard) but it's early. If Cook can get them to remain calm and let Reilly run her game, these freshmen can have a good if not great season.

pervert state lost in 4 to #11 Florida and lost in 4 to #20 GA Tech - lost to teams that weren't "warm up" matches.
Purdue struggled notably losing in 3 to #18 crayton and in 5 to Loyola. Shondell will have their problems addressed and be a tough match for anyone in the BIG.

NW, Purdue, and PSU all lost two matches over the weekend.
Those Penn State scores surprised me. They were playing as well as anyone at the end of last year and almost beat Wisconsin. They also loaded up via the portal in the offseason, so I thought they were set to have a big year. Now I am not sure what to think about them.

Of all the teams I watched this weekend, Wisconsin looked the best. They are going to be really tough to beat.

Those Penn State scores surprised me. They were playing as well as anyone at the end of last year and almost beat Wisconsin. They also loaded up via the portal in the offseason, so I thought they were set to have a big year. Now I am not sure what to think about them.

Of all the teams I watched this weekend, Wisconsin looked the best. They are going to be really tough to beat.
I wondered about PSU last year when 4 or 5 good players bailed (transferred) on the new coach. Now they lose two early matches, arguably to good teams.

Last edited:

Coach said not to worry too much
Playing three days in a row will make any team flat and knew it would happen :Rockon:

The coach is not worried, and basically everybody played

It's too early to worry about it give the kids a break
My goodness!

So what's new? Your assessment of wisky is not news.;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back