• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

99 scholarship players.

You are adding them twice. The active number and the recruit are repeats. The correct number if added up is 99.
Fair, now show me where the university says every new recruit is a scholarship player and we have to cut back to 85.

Even you admitted you have no idea if portal transfers are scholarship or on NIL. Which brings us back to why start a thread that says we have 99 scholarship players when you don't know that for sure.

Sounds like we are over the scholarship limit. I am sure MR and staff have a plan! We can banter this issue all we want to, but bottom line is this needs to be addressed!
I'm going to guess if we are over, it's by 1 or 2. We aren't continuing to add 2024 guys like we just did if we are far over. To believe we are at 99 scholarship players, you have to believe Rhule has no idea what he's doing.

If we see Rhule cut (because they can't transfer out at this point) 14 players in the next month or so, then I'll believe we're at 99 right now. Otherwise, I'll continue to believe that the guy that's paid millions (with millions more being paid to staff who specifically help with these things) know more than a random guy that likes to be wrong on a message board (not talking about you MN).

Sounds like we are over the scholarship limit. I am sure MR and staff have a plan! We can banter this issue all we want to, but bottom line is this needs to be addressed!
Per ON3, but what do they know. Have they included every transfer portal player as a scholarship? If so I can see the number as being 99 or 98, but there is no one at the university saying all the transfer portal players are on scholarship.

I'm guessing MR knows for sure, but anyone outside the university is just guessing. That's the point of all of this, the title says 99 scholarships, but there is no official proof of that.

I think the power conferences will have to limit roster size in some way, if not we are back to the days before the 85 scholarship limit. The rich will keep buying as many players as they can afford, and the poor will spiral down to the point they get the snot knocked out of them every week.
I have a feeling this is inevitable anyways. While few teams have taken advantage of the 85 rule, most of those teams just don't move the needle for me.
A UCF or a Memphis, or Houston do, but again, most just don't. The New Mexico teams? Same ol same ol. So even 'buying their players' which is inevitable, will happen no matter the roster size.

Fair, now show me where the university says every new recruit is a scholarship player and we have to cut back to 85.

Even you admitted you have no idea if portal transfers are scholarship or on NIL. Which brings us back to why start a thread that says we have 99 scholarship players when you don't know that for sure.
I don’t know how they will handle it. Hence the original post asking if Rhule new something regarding lifting limits or heaven for bid some leave the roster.

We have never gone into camp 10-15 heavy and still recruiting. For some reason everyone wants to get upset that the topic is brought up.

Per ON3, but what do they know. Have they included every transfer portal player as a scholarship? If so I can see the number as being 99 or 98, but there is no one at the university saying all the transfer portal players are on scholarship.

I'm guessing MR knows for sure, but anyone outside the university is just guessing. That's the point of all of this, the title says 99 scholarships, but there is no official proof of that.
I'm going with you on this. Like so many times in the media when the story goes wrong all they had to do was call.
You called.

I don’t know how they will handle it. Hence the original post asking if Rhule new something regarding lifting limits or heaven for bid some leave the roster.

We have never gone into camp 10-15 heavy and still recruiting. For some reason everyone wants to get upset that the topic is brought up.
When the university says they are 10 heavy it's time to listen.

To be fair, for sites like ON3 or 247 or the youtube guy, and you too I guess. We are in uncharted waters when it comes to scholarships and NIL monies. Right now I'd say it appears everyone is counting the transfer portal guys as scholarship, but because of NIL there is no reason to think they all get a scholarship. That kind of thinking may have been right a couple years ago, but not anymore. You said it yourself we have this discussion every year, but than this isn't every year, this is different. And a couple years from now it will probably have changed again.

Last edited:

Coach Rhule has been clear about it? Golly I must have missed him saying that. That was the exact intent of the thread if anyone would reread the OP. Instead everyone just said use NIL money or said don’t question Rhule.
You are the embodiment of obtuse. Consider yourself ignored. I’m sure there’s a feature on here somewhere.

I'm going to guess if we are over, it's by 1 or 2. We aren't continuing to add 2024 guys like we just did if we are far over. To believe we are at 99 scholarship players, you have to believe Rhule has no idea what he's doing.

If we see Rhule cut (because they can't transfer out at this point) 14 players in the next month or so, then I'll believe we're at 99 right now. Otherwise, I'll continue to believe that the guy that's paid millions (with millions more being paid to staff who specifically help with these things) know more than a random guy that likes to be wrong on a message board (not talking about you MN).
Thanks for the pass, I used to live in MN when establishing my email. Have moved to SD from the “land of 10K taxes”!

And thank you. Tired of you interrupting my threads with BS.

oh-come-on.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back