• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 8 Black Shirts handed out today

Status
Not open for further replies.

No to the 'informed'...:)

You think it's only a distraction to the ignorant?
ok RR, we have all seen this each of the 3 times you have said this, we get it. I find it funny that you're taking shots at me in a situation where I was right and you were wrong. I guess some pride themselves on being the information provider even when they are incorrect.

As far as the informed comment, I was informed in that situation and shared the info. I don't have half the access to information as a few posters on here do to the program, but I do have some exposure on some fronts and was simply sharing it.

As to the informed poster (HNC) I referred who was saying the same thing as me has some pretty good credibility right now since he was the first person by about 2 days to bring up Adam Taylor redshirting when no one, including and especially you, saw coming.

You do a good job of facilitating information on this board, and your effort and time is unmatched, but taking shots at someone when they were right and you were wrong is not productive for anyone here.

Fair enough....we are all right and we all wrong a lot.....me included......and FWIW you were coming on here to take a shot too....pretty obvious....as was your buddy....and it wasn't real subtle....and I'm not the only one who noticed it (trust me)....which is why I responded like I did....and your right tit for tat gets nowhere...I'm done if your done....Be honest you did...and its not the first time either....

Okay we called each other out...no harm done.....

We are good....

Oh and thanks for the compliment....it is much appreciated...makes it worthwhile...:)

Oh and I like your perspective a lot......you bring a lot of good points to the board....keep it up...invaluable....:)

ok RR, we have all seen this each of the 3 times you have said this, we get it. I find it funny that you're taking shots at me in a situation where I was right and you were wrong. I guess some pride themselves on being the information provider even when they are incorrect.

As far as the informed comment, I was informed in that situation and shared the info. I don't have half the access to information as a few posters on here do to the program, but I do have some exposure on some fronts and was simply sharing it.

As to the informed poster (HNC) I referred who was saying the same thing as me has some pretty good credibility right now since he was the first person by about 2 days to bring up Adam Taylor redshirting when no one, including and especially you, saw coming.

You do a good job of facilitating information on this board, and your effort and time is unmatched, but taking shots at someone when they were right and you were wrong is not productive for anyone here.

Last edited:
Don't look too much into that. Look who all got them, older guys that have busted their tail for the University and Santos is going to be on the field the whole time directing traffic. The 7 listed are guys that the coaches have seen absolutely bust their tails off for 2+ years. Bo wouldn't give a blackshirt out yet to someone that has only played one season with us and was hurt almost all of last season. I guarantee you the speech after practice was "for those of you who want one of these, look at the guys that have got these jerseys, these are the guys that busted their tail to get to a starting spot for years. They exemplify what we are looking for in a blackshirt." Tough to do that if you give one to Gregory and Andersen and some other younger guys in fall camp.

The 7 that got them have earned them in more ways than one, hell Santos took a bottle to the head, and the other 4 or more will come in due time....

And THERE is your "tradition". Well said.

Speaking of getting things out. Take a look at a post by GFOA a few days ago about the Blackshirts.
Word has it that as with team "Captains" Bo is changing his stance on the Blackshirts. He may be going back to issuing them before the first game (and each game after...as they must continually be earned per the original tradition), but is adding yet another Bo twist. Not only will there be a Blackshirt for each starting defensive position but there will be assistant Blackshirts awarded as well. The actual Blackshirts will be, of course, black jerseys with the player name on the jersey. The assistant Blackshirts will be just a black pull over (sleeveless), kind of like how the tradition started. Ought to be about 30 players wearing some black each practice, we know how they all love that! Or, maybe Bo won't do that.
It looks pretty prophetic to me. I thought it was his usual tongue in cheek post. What do I know!

The original post is in the "Where's the Blackshirts" thread, post #15.

GFOA is not a dumb guy....he just loves stirring the pot....:) :)

Oh and good for him...:)

Speaking of getting things out. Take a look at a post by GFOA a few days ago about the Blackshirts.
It looks pretty prophetic to me. I thought it was his usual tongue in cheek post. What do I know!

The original post is in the "Where's the Blackshirts" thread, post #15.

Last edited:
LOVE your signature line!!
Thanks. That Osborne is a pretty smart guy. He said it to the audience at a Big Red Breakfast either last year or the year before. I thought it was quite an appropriate sig for a message board where we can sometimes think we're a little smarter than we are . ;)

What was it Devaney use to say? Winning isn't the only thing at Nebraska, but it ranks right up there with oxygen? :)
I believe you are correct, as was Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back