• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* QB TJ Lateef Is N; Update On His Commit

Guess he thinks his stock rose at Elite 11, which it probably did
I mean he didn't finish in the Top 11, nor did he place in the Top 10 on Pro Day or Accuracy Challenge. His best performance was in the 7v7 but many of the competitors had similar stats in that competition. He finished near the bottom overall so I doubt his stock rose at all. Still a lot of room for growth. Needs to have a dominant senior season or his stock could drop, similar to Kaelin.

Last edited:
I mean he didn't finish in the Top 11, nor did he place in the Top 10 on Pro Day or Accuracy Challenge. His best performance was in the 7v7 but many of the competitors had similar stats in that competition. He finished near the bottom overall so I doubt his stock rose at all. Still a lot of room for growth. Needs to have a dominant senior season or his stock could drop, similar to Kaelin.
Yet DK showed well there. I'm of the opinion losing three of our top wrs hurt us last year, same for DK. Even more so being the offense that never changed to more a run rpo style

I just read the Kaleb Henry piece at si.com on this topic. Doesn’t inspire much confidence. And I can’t imagine he’s doing us any good as a peer recruiter if he’s wavering in his own commitment.
All I know is I’m glad it’s not my job to recruit and retain these teens and young adults in this day and age. In fact, we can all be glad of that!:)

I don't see what the issue is. It isn't on him or any other recruits to be a peer recruiter. Its also not this kid's fault that things are the way they are these days. I'm also pro student-athlete and don't see the issue with these kids flipping their recruits when coaches leave every single year for bigger, better jobs. And I don't just mean head coaches. I don't think its fair to expect TJ or anyone else to be 100% firm on a commitment when you don't know what tomorrow brings. Plus, the dude is 17 years old, you think he knows what he wants for lunch tomorrow let alone where hes gonna go to college next year?

Plus, if we're upset a kid is wavering in his commitment, then we should give George or Ohio State back their QB. Dylan is here because we kept recruiting him to the very end. We celebrated that. We hope a good year record wise flips some of these recruits that committed elsewhere or we think will like Dawson Merrit. The staff will continue grinding. The kids will do what kids do. Everything will shake out and we'll end up in the 20-30 range like we normally do. Win games and that ceiling gets raised to what we can do. Until then, kids are coming here on a promise and an idea, so its hard to blame them when somoene else comes calling that has a track record to back that promise or idea.

This isn't meant to be an attack on anyone, I get why people look at this thing and get worried. I just don't think its the end of the world and if TJ decides he wants to be somewhere else, then so be it. Find a QB that wants to. And if don't, we took 2 QBs in the 24 class(3 even with Gramdstead) one of which is almost for sure going to redshirt this year and be a freshman for the 25 season still. I'll stop ranting. :)

I don't see what the issue is. It isn't on him or any other recruits to be a peer recruiter. Its also not this kid's fault that things are the way they are these days. I'm also pro student-athlete and don't see the issue with these kids flipping their recruits when coaches leave every single year for bigger, better jobs. And I don't just mean head coaches. I don't think its fair to expect TJ or anyone else to be 100% firm on a commitment when you don't know what tomorrow brings. Plus, the dude is 17 years old, you think he knows what he wants for lunch tomorrow let alone where hes gonna go to college next year?

Plus, if we're upset a kid is wavering in his commitment, then we should give George or Ohio State back their QB. Dylan is here because we kept recruiting him to the very end. We celebrated that. We hope a good year record wise flips some of these recruits that committed elsewhere or we think will like Dawson Merrit. The staff will continue grinding. The kids will do what kids do. Everything will shake out and we'll end up in the 20-30 range like we normally do. Win games and that ceiling gets raised to what we can do. Until then, kids are coming here on a promise and an idea, so its hard to blame them when somoene else comes calling that has a track record to back that promise or idea.

This isn't meant to be an attack on anyone, I get why people look at this thing and get worried. I just don't think its the end of the world and if TJ decides he wants to be somewhere else, then so be it. Find a QB that wants to. And if don't, we took 2 QBs in the 24 class(3 even with Gramdstead) one of which is almost for sure going to redshirt this year and be a freshman for the 25 season still. I'll stop ranting. :)
The recruiting had ended. Go back and reread the story.

But I get it. I think our LB is in the same boat, wants this but really likes that. Tough on a qb to be in this spot, and maybe its nothing.

The one Dylan has told about his coming here.
Oh I misunderstood what you were saying and I got what you mean. Recruited him to the end is mischaracterization in that case, sure. But this staff doesn't stop recruiting kids that are committed is what I mean and there are a bunch of threads with people hoping a winning season flips some recruits, rightfully its the name of the game.

Oh I misunderstood what you were saying and I got what you mean. Recruited him to the end is mischaracterization in that case, sure. But this staff doesn't stop recruiting kids that are committed is what I mean and there are a bunch of threads with people hoping a winning season flips some recruits, rightfully its the name of the game.
Yep, but even grinders get surprises, well deserved as you say.
So unless the players say no more, its on.

Seems to me we are his security blanket in case he doesn't shine his senior year.

If I were to put money on it, he will not be our class QB when all is said and done. And I'm okay with that.

Seen this story too many times.
It is hard to blame him if he believes he can play right away. He may wait to see how well Nebraska's QB room works out this year. We already have 2 Elite 11 QBs in the room. It might be that if he comes here, it may be a couple of years before he is the featured QB in Lincoln.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back