• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 more schools reported to Join the Big 10 this week.

I really don’t like what is happening to college football, but there is no stopping this now. Rant over. Those are great schools and this will add some exciting games.

I wasn't overly excited (or excited at all really) when the B1G added Rutgers and Maryland. I know about the TV market angle, etc., but I've never been excited about Rutgers or Maryland football. Now Clemson, Florida State, Oregon and Washington? If it really happens, that's a great group to add to the conference. Should be some awesome games to watch, assuming we can get our poop in a group again.

It does make me wonder about the shift to a division less conference. With USC and UCLA already joining, the added four makes for a 20 team conference. It's very possible and maybe even likely that you'd have multiple teams with the same record at the top of the conference. Seems like splitting it in half and would work perfectly with our current scheduling format with 9 games in your division and the winners of each division meeting in the CCG. It's a bit 'Cart before the horse' since this isn't even a done deal yet, but seems reasonable to me.

I wasn't overly excited (or excited at all really) when the B1G added Rutgers and Maryland. I know about the TV market angle, etc., but I've never been excited about Rutgers or Maryland football. Now Clemson, Florida State, Oregon and Washington? If it really happens, that's a great group to add to the conference. Should be some awesome games to watch, assuming we can get our poop in a group again.

It does make me wonder about the shift to a division less conference. With USC and UCLA already joining, the added four makes for a 20 team conference. It's very possible and maybe even likely that you'd have multiple teams with the same record at the top of the conference. Seems like splitting it in half and would work perfectly with our current scheduling format with 9 games in your division and the winners of each division meeting in the CCG. It's a bit 'Cart before the horse' since this isn't even a done deal yet, but seems reasonable to me.
I don't like that its going to make a West coast central group, and with Nebraska being the next furthest West school, Nebraska may have to travel 1500 miles for many of their games -- potentially late at night for most of the country.

I don't like that its going to make a West coast central group, and with Nebraska being the next furthest West school, Nebraska may have to travel 1500 miles for many of their games -- potentially late at night for most of the country.

Yeah, I don't know how they're going to divide it up. East/West or North/South. Either would work and either will likely cause some excessive travel.

IF this were to come to fruition, it'll be interesting to see how they'd split things up. Obviously they'd be looking to protect Michigan - Ohio State, so there doesn't appear to be a natural line in the sand for divisions if they're based on geographical location without causing issues with that game, or not playing the other nine teams in your division every year.

Glad I don't have to figure it out.

Yeah, I don't know how they're going to divide it up. East/West or North/South. Either would work and either will likely cause some excessive travel.

IF this were to come to fruition, it'll be interesting to see how they'd split things up. Obviously I count they'd be looking to protect Michigan - Ohio State, so there doesn't appear to be a natural line in the sand for divisions if they're based on geographical location without causing issues with that game, or not playing the other nine teams in your division every year.

Glad I don't have to figure it out.
Not sure I understand the Mich-tOSU issue. 10 teams west of Chicago and 10 teams east by my count.

I loved the smaller regional conferences but I'm old like that I guess.

That said, if we're expanding I love the Clemson/FSU additions. Get to re-up my FSU hatred! It's not Miami or CU level hate but they're up there.

Oregon and Wash. are meh to me. I'm just not a fan of west coast teams at all. There's so little history (outside of USC) and there's no real fandom to speak (including USC). These aren't CFB schools IMO. I would have rather added Misery or even a NC school. Va. Tech would have been amazing!

I don't know how I feel about this IF it happens. My mindset, somewhat cynical probably, tells me that if money is the bottom line motivation for a move like this then it will not end well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back