• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* Carter Nelson: Commiting Noon On Wednesday 28 June

get him dont get him. im ok.

i think if we start playing 500 or better ball with what we got, next recruiting cycle will land better players. theres no track record at nebraska of wining recently so i'm ok if he goes or doesnt. top talent wants to go where they can win games and championships.

I agree to a certain extent, but local guys are vital. You need those top guys every year. They're your culture builders and the guys who hold out of state guys to the 'Husker' standard.

When Nebraska was great it was saying something for a local to pass on an offer.

These kids today may know their parents and neighbors are still die hards, but it's no longer a sacred mission to go here.

They might want to go somewhere else for a coach they like, a more competitive team, a school that's strong in their major, or simply to see a different part of the country. I can't blame them.

They didn't screw up this program. It's been mediocre at best all their lives. It's not their job to save old farts like me from perpetual humiliation.

It's up to Nebraska to lay down enough of a track record of success to make it seem important again.

All that said, I'd love to get Nelson.

Last edited:

Nelson is a kid who if he were to go to GA would definitely have a good shot.at returning home for a number of reasons. DR never lived here. Nelson grew up here.

I dont know if Carter is entertaining the idea of college track as well, but a quick look says he holds the class C record with a high-jump of 7 feet. The leader for NU this year is 7' 2.5".

I have no clue if Georgia has a good track and field team. Maybe this could be a pull for him to NU.

Last edited:
It's a very exciting time for these kids that are in such demand. I'm content to leave the discussion in MR's hands and those of the coaches he has selected. They will make the right kinds of presentations to each kid, and my take is it will be honest and straightforward.

For the kids, it's roads diverging in a yellow wood. Very exciting. At some point they will choose and I hope they each make the best choice NU offers a lot with this new staff, facilities, attitude, fan base, etc. and can provide a sterling academic resume if they take advantage of what can be offered them in the classroom. Professors like athletes who are also serious students.

You would have come up with something much better LOL

yes-sir-salute-han-solo-vo6xd3ohh7qfttdf.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back