• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#3 Indiana

upload_2016-11-22_20-55-14.png

Tom Crean looks, uhhhhh - Annoyed!

Last edited:

Sad thing about this is, Indiana will blow us out in our only meeting with them this year. But, this is pretty funny though.

Last edited:
FtWayne has been playing D1 since early 2000s. i watched the game and they had 2 players that could easily be playing D1. Their center and off guard, the white guy who was destroying IU off the dribble all night, (J.Konchar) could step foot on our campus and be the best we've got at their respective positions. IU beats this team 9 out of the 10 times they play but man, Ft Wayne was still pretty good I thought.

Last edited:
FtWayne has been playing D1 since early 2000s. i watched the game and they had 2 players that could easily be playing D1. Their center and off guard, the white guy who was destroying IU off the dribble all night, (J.Konchar) could step foot on our campus and be the best we've got at their respective positions. IU beats this team 9 out of the 10 times they play but man, Ft Wayne was still pretty good I thought.
I only saw the last 10 minutes and overtime but Indiana didn't look good at all...pretty disinterested.

That said, FtW wanted that win more and had enough talent to make it happen. Thought they were going to get crushed in OT with their two guys fouled but but they kept fighting.

I only saw the last 10 minutes and overtime but Indiana didn't look good at all...pretty disinterested.

That said, FtW wanted that win more and had enough talent to make it happen. Thought they were going to get crushed in OT with their two guys fouled but but they kept fighting.
ya. by that time i think the shock and concern of "holy, we could actually lose this" started to become real for IU. Needless to say, they didn't respond to that pressure very well. The early part of the game, there was no disinterest on IU's part. There were just as many IU fans at the game, and in fact I had to text a friend of mine who is an IU fan to verify that this was in fact, a home game for Ft. Wayne. because just listening to the crowd, you wouldn't necessarily know. IU got down many times, came roaring back, and everyone was just thinking, its only a matter of time until they put Ft Wayne away. As the game wore on, probably about the time you started watching, the dynamic of IUs team changed cause they couldn't put them away. THey had to go to a zone, ( a rarity for IU ) because they literally could not stop FT.W. it was a layup drill. they were giving up layup after layup, dunk after dunk. it was crazy. i've never seen anything like it.

Consider the fact that FT.W had a nearly 11 minute scoring drought in the 2nd half cause they had no clue how to attack IUs zone, and they still won. They absolutely shut IU down on defense and thats what won the game for them.

Couldn't of happened to a better coach. How many Indiana players will lose their scholarship next year because of this? Just kidding...kind of.

Indiana's players were so used to letting Yogi Ferrell set them up for the past few years that when the noose started to tighten, they weren't sure what to do. You just go out and play against good programs like Kansas in a regular season game. Being in a dog fight with an extremely inferior opponent is so much different. Anyone who has played sports in high school and college has probably been through that.

Couldn't of happened to a better coach. How many Indiana players will lose their scholarship next year because of this? Just kidding...kind of.

Indiana's players were so used to letting Yogi Ferrell set them up for the past few years that when the noose started to tighten, they weren't sure what to do. You just go out and play against good programs like Kansas in a regular season game. Being in a dog fight with an extremely inferior opponent is so much different. Anyone who has played sports in high school and college has probably been through that.

If there was an award for most underrated post ever, this post would win it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back