• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 Spring Practice Thread: Thursday, April 25 Coach Rhule, Selected players available after practice

Couple new observations of the coach.

1. the other day I heard him say "Be quick but don't hurry. That is an old Wooden phrase. Shows he is a student of coaching.
2. Love that he critiques even plays that are successful. (Good throw but set your feet first) (Make sure you know your reads)
3. "Quick hands, Quick hands" sounds better than cha ching.

Couple new observations of the coach.

1. the other day I heard him say "Be quick but don't hurry. That is an old Wooden phrase. Shows he is a student of coaching.
2. Love that he critiques even plays that are successful. (Good throw but set your feet first) (Make sure you know your reads)
3. "Quick hands, Quick hands" sounds better than cha ching.
To analogize it to a golf truism, if you want to hit a golf ball far and accurately, swing easy, smoothly, and with good technique. That results in a faster swing speed than trying to hurry things thinking the harder you swing the further it will go. Makes sense that the concepts would apply to throwing a football too.

Finding ways to keep everyone engaged from the most entrenched first-stringer to the very last guy who will see the field. Making hard work seem like fun.

This is the way.
Hard work is fun when you love what you're doing.
Similar to successful business owners that say they'd do this for free.

It's why they're there. Building comraderie competition and excitement.
Teaching about themselves, how much more they can do etc.

Self starting will come for most of them imo, similar to that 49ers team that started doing Jerry Rices workouts, they started seeing they could do more than they themselves thought they could.

It's getting real, as in real fun

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back