• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Kansas QB Avery Johnson/2023 Iowa QB JJ Kohl

Agree!

Recall his dad is Kohl's Kicking Camp and kicked for Iowa State. His dad also has a relationship with Riola from time at the Bears so that probably helps the dialogue with the Husker program. Since he got the 4th star, he's been getting lots more visits and offers. The list is getting long with some good programs. I think Iowa State had the early edge. I don't think Iowa is really there as Brian Ferentz (OC) doesn't have a good reputation. And players that have transferred out of Iowa, comment on lack of visibility with Kirk Ferentz. I think Nebraska has been closing the gap as JJ Kohl has attended many Huskers camps/days in the last year. I think Whipple and Frost visits helped. JJ Kohl had some good players around him last year that probably helped make him look good. (Not a slam, as JJ is a really good player). It will be fun to see how he develops this year as a leader and athlete.

Great to hear

I agree we definitely need 2023 qb. I don't know how long the transfer portal will be like it is.
Kind of got me thinking that this portal thing will calm down some. This year has been a hard lesson for some of the players. I get the QB thing...high profile....NIL possibilities, etc. And I get wanting to play if you're down the depth chart but a bunch of these kids are going to have to step down to a lower level and there's no NIL down there.

Kind of got me thinking that this portal thing will calm down some. This year has been a hard lesson for some of the players. I get the QB thing...high profile....NIL possibilities, etc. And I get wanting to play if you're down the depth chart but a bunch of these kids are going to have to step down to a lower level and there's no NIL down there.
There's always been a transfer portal of types for QBs.

We definitely need a QB in 2023, as of right now our room is one proven QB( going to a new system), two who have shown some flashes( not a lot as they are both still young) and two projects that could go either way. Really don’t think we can afford to try and get a project with higher upside lower ceiling in the 2023 class, or have to fall back to option 5,6,7 like we have had to do the last two classes. We desperately needed to have a solid season on the field so our QB coach can sell his option 1,2,3 guys on. As well as it can show the recruit that we are going to has stability at the program. Right now as a recruit you don’t know if any of the coaches that are recruiting you are still going to be there yeah there’s the portal but do you want to waste that because your coach got fired or to improve your worth either in your NFL stock or your NIL stock. Unfortunately that’s recruiting today.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back