• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Scholarship Numbers

Posted this in a PM thread, but it's going to be real interesting to see what happens for the 2022 recruiting class and how many commits we take. Not only how many we take, but some may remember me saying that about 6 months ago, a P5 coach told me they didn't believe they would even get to double digits for their recruiting class in 2022. The last I heard, was that the NCAA stated for 2021 we just aren't counting the "super seniors" towards your scholarship number which means guys like Will Honas, Marquel Dismuke, etc., don't count towards our 85. But as far as I know, that goes away for the 2022 season. Nebraska currently has 79 players on scholarship that are juniors for 2021 or younger. Meaning we have 6 spots and then the +3 if no one transfers. 9 spots.

Now, we know there will be transfers, but everyone retaining their year of eligibility is going to make things very interesting for recruiting this year.

It also means teams are extremely old which could be beneficial for a team like Illinois going into a new head coach. Bielema returns the most "super seniors" of any P5 team in the country with 17 of them. They also return 86% of their defensive starts and 81% of their offensive starts.

So a team like Illinois will be able to easily get to at least 15 recruits for the upcoming recruiting class (unless they go the portal route).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back