• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Illinois game officially moved to Champaign.

Bye-bye Ireland :(. Now .......

jmqVNzn.png

ZRybfBM.png

Dpxuejl.png

v6bkTuM.png

Last edited:

This could be a trivia question, presuming the game stays Week 0 (which is a stupid label by the way), with a bye the next week, when was the last time the Huskers did NOT play over Labor Day weekend? I have no idea....

September 4th: (Labor Day weekend)
  • UTSA at Illini.
  • Huskers ..... bye week.

Last edited:
I disagree

I think based on the vaccination timeline we will see fans. How many to be determined. I suspect it will be close to normal.

As to the league the President's are who are pulling the strings

Oh and I think @Hvillie comments were somewhat tongue in cheek
I just wonder ... it goes well beyond football ... at what percentage of a vaccinated population will life return to a mask-less normal? I would hope that by August of this summer the vast majority of the population who would want to get vaccinated will get vaccinated. Then what happens if a significant percentage of the population (25% or so) choose not to get vaccinated ... will they be allowed to attend mass gatherings such as football games ... will there be a requirement to prove whether you've been vaccinated?

Biden's mask order and many of the state's governments mask orders expire in March/April ... I have a hard time seeing them getting extended to any great degree. Does that mean we'll be able to walk into a church, grocery store, Menards/Home Depot, a barbershop/stylist without a mask ... how much longer will they delay?

If schools intend to have as close to normal (mask-less, full in person classrooms ...) school session in the fall of 2021 ... should football be any different?

I just wonder ... it goes well beyond football ... at what percentage of a vaccinated population will life return to a mask-less normal? I would hope that by August of this summer the vast majority of the population who would want to get vaccinated will get vaccinated. Then what happens if a significant percentage of the population (25% or so) choose not to get vaccinated ... will they be allowed to attend mass gatherings such as football games ... will there be a requirement to prove whether you've been vaccinated?

Biden's mask order and many of the state's governments mask orders expire in March/April ... I have a hard time seeing them getting extended to any great degree. Does that mean we'll be able to walk into a church, grocery store, Menards/Home Depot, a barbershop/stylist without a mask ... how much longer will they delay?

If schools intend to have as close to normal (mask-less, full in person classrooms ...) school session in the fall of 2021 ... should football be any different?
There's lots of people like me that already contracted it and are now just fine. I mentioned several times only symptom I had was a headache and running nose for several days. Would never had known I got except we had to get tested because of my job. So am I going to run out and get a vaccination? Absolutely 100% NOT. There had better not be some government requirement to prove it or there will be a lot of problems imo. Only people at risk would be folks that refuse to get vaccinated and I suspect there will be millions who won't take that shot for many valid reasons imo.

I do know looking at the revenue situation from 2020 full or almost full attendence is financially needed.

There's lots of people like me that already contracted it and are now just fine. I mentioned several times only symptom I had was a headache and running nose for several days. Would never had known I got except we had to get tested because of my job. So am I going to run out and get a vaccination? Absolutely 100% NOT. There had better not be some government requirement to prove it or there will be a lot of problems imo. Only people at risk would be folks that refuse to get vaccinated and I suspect there will be millions who won't take that shot for many valid reasons imo.

I do know looking at the revenue situation from 2020 full or almost full attendence is financially needed.
I hope all of the B1G AD's are telling Kevin Warren that without almost full and complete attendance that a financial catastrophe is looming.

I hope if the B1G Presidents plan on having normal to almost normal class attendance that full or almost full attendance at games will follow suit.

I hope where the focus is on safety is around the edges. Continue to limit access to and around the team - such as on the field gameday. Continue and refine testing - not only the team but the coaching/support staff. Allow the kids to have some consistency and normalcy in their lives.

I hope as our nation returns to some level of normalcy and come August/September much of this will be a moot point!

Politics needs to stop or I will lock the thread.

RR
I certainly didn't think anything was political in my post. IF it was interputed that way sorry but I'd have say we have some extremely thin skinned folks imo.

I certainly didn't think anything was political in my post. IF it was interputed that way sorry but I'd have say we have some extremely thin skinned folks imo.

Its just a reminder to folks not pointed at you.

You have known me long enough that if I had an issue with you I would have reached out to you

RR

If the BIG is willing to forego tourneys for certain sports---tourneys that are months away---I am not confident we will have a full stadium in the fall. At best we are probably 20K (and a year behind the other conferences solutions). I would not be surprised at no fans either. The decisions we are making a year later are astounding and unfortunate.

If the BIG is willing to forego tourneys for certain sports---tourneys that are months away---I am not confident we will have a full stadium in the fall. At best we are probably 20K (and a year behind the other conferences solutions). I would not be surprised at no fans either. The decisions we are making a year later are astounding and unfortunate.
You might be correct but I suspect there would legal action filed against the BIG if they try anything that draconian. Programs are scraping the bottom of barrel for athletic program funding and 20k fans in our stadium is simply not acceptable assuming this vaccine is working properly. I would hope Warren and the powers learned from what happened this past season with their idiotic decisions.

I'll respond to this.....non politically......but in regards to how I believe it will effect the football season. I don't believe it will be based on proof of vaccination. I think its purely going to be based on new case loads. Right now across the nation new case numbers have been dropping significantly from a high of 250K per day down to 77K per day since the first of the year. A combination of vaccinations and people having already got it is creating that herd immunization. At some point , guessing long before the season starts and early enough for the powers to be, they will be low enough that the College football, pro sports and most of the rest of the world feels its time to get back to some type of normality. I guess the key is continue watching the numbers.
Capture.PNG

You might be correct but I suspect there would legal action filed against the BIG if they try anything that draconian. Programs are scraping the bottom of barrel for athletic program funding and 20k fans in our stadium is simply not acceptable assuming this vaccine is working properly. I would hope Warren and the powers learned from what happened this past season with their idiotic decisions.
Legal action didn’t help in 2020 though.

Where I live, in Sarpy County, the general public can't schedule COVID vaccinations until May and into October. Lots of people like to put things off until the last minute.

Capture.PNG

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back