• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Illinois game officially moved to Champaign.

Legal action didn’t help in 2020 though.
I believe legal action/pressure from parents and players helped salvage a 2020 season. If the BIG was stupid enough to greatly restrict stadium attendence and the SEC and B12 allowed full attendence the whipped cream would hit the fan for many BIG schools imo. IF the vaccine(s) are as advertised there would be no reason not to open things up including sports arenas. Lets see what happens with MLB attendence etc because that starts opening day April 1st. Allowing fans in should continue to increase almost every month if the innoculation program is working properly.

I believe legal action/pressure from parents and players helped salvage a 2020 season. If the BIG was stupid enough to greatly restrict stadium attendence and the SEC and B12 allowed full attendence the whipped cream would hit the fan for many BIG schools imo. IF the vaccine(s) are as advertised there would be no reason not to open things up including sports arenas. Lets see what happens with MLB attendence etc because that starts opening day April 1st. Allowing fans in should continue to increase almost every month if the innoculation program is working properly.
I agree with you but they can always fall back on the number of actual people vaccinated by Sept. I suspect it won’t meet the BIG threshold. That will be their “out”. Nebraska is slow as hell with vaccinations too. Perfect storm.

The saving grace is money. I don’t see how they could go 2 full years without fans without devastating financial repercussions. The letter they sent to season ticket holders in 2020 was “hopefully” we will be back in 2021. A year later I am not seeing signs they are confident. Still “hopeful”. The BIG dragged their feet on a baseball schedule! But our basketball team is being scheduled to death. None of it seems organized or well thought out. That’s why I am not getting my hopes up.

I agree with you but they can always fall back on the number of actual people vaccinated by Sept. I suspect it won’t meet the BIG threshold. That will be their “out”. Nebraska is slow as hell with vaccinations too. Perfect storm.

The saving grace is money. I don’t see how they could go 2 full years without fans without devastating financial repercussions. The letter they sent to season ticket holders in 2020 was “hopefully” we will be back in 2021. A year later I am not seeing signs they are confident. Still “hopeful”. The BIG dragged their feet on a baseball schedule! But our basketball team is being scheduled to death. None of it seems organized or well thought out. That’s why I am not getting my hopes up.
Maybe we will have a new commish soon and magically things will be better.

LJS reported that Moos said lagging ticket sales fueled the decision to pull the plug now. Keep in mind this trip was announced in 2019. Long before Covid.

I disagree

I think based on the vaccination timeline we will see fans. How many to be determined. I suspect it will be close to normal.

As to the league the President's are who are pulling the strings

Oh and I think @Hvillie comments were somewhat tongue in cheek
The thing most people don't realize is that you don't need 100% vaccination to be out of the pandemic. Between the people who have had the virus (estimated that about 30% of the population has been infected and about 25% of those cases have been reported/confirmed). We're vaccinating about 1.7M per day. That would reach herd immunity by November. However, the odds of getting infected drop radically as the numbers of naturally immune and the vaccinated immune increase. It becomes harder and harder to get infected so things get back to normal before November (assuming nothing happens to the pipeline of vaccines).

Here is an update for people that put down deposits for the Ireland trip that I received from Anthony Travel today (3/29). Refunds should be arriving by mid April. The cancellation announcement was made on February 17th.

All refunds will be processed approximately 60 days from the cancellation announcement back to the original form of payment on file unless the guest has requested a check refund with us. We are currently concluding the cancellation process with the vendors and will begin processing refunds shortly after. Each guest will receive an email when their refund has processed.

All of those who say attendance decision will be money based are absolutely correct.

Except where State regulations may cause an over ride, Universities will be desperate for Athletic Department revenue and Football is the cash cow for everybody.

Although TV brings in the most $, another year without fans in the seats, concession sales, and the impact on college towns of no fans is just not an acceptable outcome.

GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back