• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 Season: Home & Home with both Iowa & Wisconsin? Could Happen

My suspicion is that most schools will have in person classes and athletics. May not have many fans in stands but trying to figure out what it will look like.
The main issue will be testing and contact tracing. Schools/conferences will have to figure out what to do if have positive players/coaches/staff for COVID. One person positive likely will not mean as much as 2 or more positives.
Football obviously has significant risk. I know the NFL is working on some type of N95 like barrier in face masks- will see how that goes.
The benefit football has is 1 game a week. Could have broad testing 24-48 hrs before game and playing if no positives. Would isolate teams after tests until games. Again not sure what they will ultimately do. We are working through all of this in asymptomatic people

Hard to imagine a game taking place when one school says "Yeah, we have had some positive tests on the team, but those guys won't be out there. The rest of the team will."

Could the whole team will have to test negative for the games to be played?

Maybe we will see a season that is scheduled and planned, with potential disruptions in the middle for teams that have it running through the team?

Hard to imagine a game taking place when one school says "Yeah, we have had some positive tests on the team, but those guys won't be out there. The rest of the team will."

Could the whole team will have to test negative for the games to be played?

Maybe we will see a season that is scheduled and planned, with potential disruptions in the middle for teams that have it running through the team?
Given how this spreads in close contact, I suspect if anything more than 1 player positive (could even be 1 player), games will have to be scrapped
We are currently working with processes that most cases are spread by symptomatic people, however spread can occur for 24-48 hrs in presymptomatic phase. This will be walking a thin line

Given how this spreads in close contact, I suspect if anything more than 1 player positive (could even be 1 player), games will have to be scrapped
We are currently working with processes that most cases are spread by symptomatic people, however spread can occur for 24-48 hrs in presymptomatic phase. This will be walking a thin line
Most of our diagnoses up to now have been with nasopharyngeal swabs and looking for viral RNA. This is just a snap shot in time and if no virus present at that time, then test will be negative
It doesn’t mean pt couldn’t have virus there soon after the test
Working on other tests to detect this but no available presently

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back